Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconogirl View Post
is Towamensing Trails a gated community... and is the gate manned, and do they record everyone who comes in and out with license and all?
No not gated......Tags on cars though.......No record of who is in or out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 09:37 AM

13 posts, read 34,137 times
I hate to say this , but I'm fairly certain that I know who did these break -ins. I shouldn't list his name but I don't care about the fallout.
Mod cut
You'll be happy to know that he has recently been incarcerated. If this continues to happen, then it's one of his drug buddies. I've personally heard this sociopath say that he will never stop robbing homes...he gets a rush out of it. What's worse, he does it in his own backyard. Polk and Eldred townships, Towamensing, etc... Everytime I read about a local burglary, I shudder but can't do anything about it because I have NO proof. My neighbors and I know d*** well who did it but...... Remember that name.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 10-04-2010 at 10:35 AM..

Old 10-03-2010, 04:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,550,657 times
Had 3 houses in the Poconos - each one was alarmed and never had an issue.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:47 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
I've never been robbed either. But, 20 homes were... just in TT's on Saturday. Not only that, during the winter pipes were stolen right out from under homes in that development.
So the question is.........Would one feel safe leaving their home during the winter months or being a part timer in that development? Personally...I think not.

Old 10-05-2010, 06:43 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,142,011 times
More reason to stay away from Tobyhanna:

Gunshots spark Tobyhanna arrest for stolen property | PoconoRecord.com

Old 10-05-2010, 04:27 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,711,000 times
Towemensing Trails is not in Tobyhanna. Different counties.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:03 AM

13 posts, read 34,137 times
D.J.F, Jr. Sometime in mid September, he stole a safe. A family member of his told me about the theft. Two days later the account of a stolen safe appeared in the "Pocono Record". It had 'unknown' contents. Jr. asked Sr. if he knew if there was a way to break open the safe. The guy was renting from someone on a "?" Hollow Drive. ( Monroe County ) D.J.F. Jr. kept the safe in the woods somewhere with good reason. I have more information but risk bad crap if I keep typing. Will one of you make an anonymous call PLEASE ? We need to stop this organized garbage. There's more. Please don't refer here, unless you have to. Be a great neighbor.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:52 AM

513 posts, read 1,079,813 times
My home was one that was broken into by the visiting drug-addict son of a full-time resident. It was obvious he was searching for small valuables only. Security did a great job. They responded to a tripped alarm, and after the second or third stopped every vehicle they encountered, with help from the state police. It was our security patrol that eventually caught the idiot in the act.
Gates would not have stopped this from happening, the idiot was visiting family, he would have been let in, and even without gates, he wasn't taking anything larger than liquor bottles. Another patrol vehicle would not have prevented it either.
I'd rather this post not turn into a primer for targeting and breaking into homes, and avoiding security, so please, let's not debate this in an open forum. Please.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I've never been robbed either. But, 20 homes were... just in TT's on Saturday. Not only that, during the winter pipes were stolen right out from under homes in that development.
So the question is.........Would one feel safe leaving their home during the winter months or being a part timer in that development? Personally...I think not.
I am not aware of any copper pipe looting at TT. I am aware of it at Indian Mountain Lakes, a nearby gated community. I feel very safe leaving my home unattended at TT, with proper precautions, just like my full time home in densely populated, city policed Montgomery county.

Old 10-13-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
No not gated......Tags on cars though.......No record of who is in or out.
Visitor's names and license plates and length of visit are recorded when the "tags on cars" are issued, so yes, there is a rough record of who is there.
Remember, in NEPA there are many hundreds of thousands of homes on public roads where no record of who drives by, the only "security" is thinly stretched state police, etc, etc.

Last edited by DE_NePA; 10-13-2010 at 05:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania