Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 09:27 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times

Advertisements

I was very upset to hear that Towamensing Trails had 20 burglaries this past Saturday. Perhaps even more.
This is such a beautiful place, with a wonderful lake and lots of natural areas.
I know they have security, so now I think they need to double up on that. Two more cars roaming around. If they stop to ask someone why they are on a grounds area, they could have back up.
Just driving around is not working. They need to be more active but also safe.
It is sad that a community has to deal with thieves......
Even fully gated communities have issues. But, perhaps they need to get a manned gate and have a listing of who enters for starters.
This winter people came home to pipes being cut and taken.....Can you imagine coming home to that?
So it is continuing, and getting worse........So sorry to hear.
(PS......the State Police are on this case and I hope they find the thieves asap)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM

212 posts, read 502,344 times
We are adding a home security system with monitoring service to our home.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:43 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Gated communities seem to have worse probelms with crime than non-gated neighborhoods. The gates keep the police out, so when the only law enforcement is rent-a-cops, of course crime will go up.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:55 AM

212 posts, read 502,344 times
is Towamensing Trails a gated community... and is the gate manned, and do they record everyone who comes in and out with license and all?

Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Gated communities seem to have worse probelms with crime than non-gated neighborhoods. The gates keep the police out, so when the only law enforcement is rent-a-cops, of course crime will go up.
Not to throw ice water on a good gated neighborhood bashing, but TT is not gated.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:22 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times
Unless they install a high fence with razor wire around the entire perimeter of Towamensing, a gated entrance will not prevent home breakins.

p.s. - your home montitor service depends on phone lines, which are easily cut by thieves. Matter of fact, the fence could be cut as well.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:10 AM

232 posts, read 612,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
p.s. - your home montitor service depends on phone lines, which are easily cut by thieves.
Not all monitoring services. Mine offers a wireless option for just such a situation.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times
That's true, however some spots in the Pocono plateau still have spotty signal coverage.

I drive through a few dead zones each day.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:27 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
Sad for the homeowners ,,

Thieves are lowlifes ..

So much for security .. Yrs back they found out that a rash of house break ins in PCP were being done by security themselves ..

Old 09-29-2010, 11:37 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
It is not gated........but we have always seen two security vehicles there.
I wonder if they are roaming at night, or perhaps not........

They surely need a night crew....( if they don't have one)

I can't imagine coming home and finding no pipes under my home! ( that happened this winter)

At this point the homeowners need a system that relays to the security office any alarm.

Otherwise who is there to listen to the alarm when the homes are empty during certain seasons?

Towamensing having dealt with this for a year now has to react with something firm and good.

This is too broad.

I did live in a gated community and it wasn't this bad and widespread. Because people had to sign in.
Any truck would have to have signed in, or van, car.......whatever. But, for the few who would bumper to bumper you and get in.

There was a back card only gate, and a front sign in gate........no fence all the way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania