U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2010, 07:05 PM

20 posts, read 23,308 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

My girlfriend and I are new to NEPA and we are looking for fun, exciting, interesting things to do around town. We'd also be interested in meeting new, friendly people as well. I am 29 and my girlfriend is 21 and we live in Kingston currently. Any info would be great. Just post or PM me. Thanks and have a great day everyone!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 07:36 PM

2,362 posts, read 4,578,643 times
Welcome To the area ,, Im in Northern Wayne County ..

Where did you move from ?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:50 PM

20,306 posts, read 25,406,187 times
A lot of us are new! We have been here for a month but still have not moved into our house.

Perhaps we should have a meet up or plan an event for all the newbies and the locals!

What do you think?

Old 10-05-2010, 07:59 PM

159 posts, read 285,716 times
You could check out http://wbsnightout.com for some cool things to do in the area.

Old 10-06-2010, 04:31 AM

6,610 posts, read 8,426,375 times
Pick up a copy of Electric City/Diamond City or The Weekender, all of which are free weekly publications that list tons of events in the area. NEPA is rich with activities depending on your area(s) of interest. Welcome to the West Side.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 AM

28,192 posts, read 22,064,054 times
Hi!

Welcome to NEPA!

theatergypsy is right. "Happenings" magazine is also full of things to do.

This weekend there is a hot air balloon fest at Kirby Park, which is in Kingston along the river.

Hot air balloon rides, Clydesdales featured at Fall Fest | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA (http://www.timesleader.com/news/Hot_air_balloon_rides__Clydesdales_featured_at_Fal l_Fest_10-03-2010.html - broken link)

What kind of things do you like to do?

Old 10-07-2010, 07:57 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,406,884 times
For skiing there are many places: Shawnee, Camelback, Big Boulder, and several other's...if you enjoy hiking/rafting there are numerous possibilities for that as well...check out this site for trail info: Hiking in Central Pennsylvania and Around the State @ PAHikes.com and http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/hiking/index.aspx (broken link)

a little more specifics as to what your looking for will help us in posting more info for you...

Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 AM

Thank you all for he replies and excuse my late response. Busy with moving boxes and figuring out one way streets just in the nick of time
I think its less about finding things to do and more about finding interesting people to do them with or at least have conversations with. I am pretty good when it comes to the information gathering part. I have picked up the weekender and diamond city newspaper. I seemed to be hungry for any listings for ANYTHING in the first few days being the social dependency case that I am. j/k
Ou jobs and schooling begins in a few weeks and in the meantime meeting people isn't the easiest thing eventhough I will admit we havent been as proactive as I'd like. Volunteering, book clubs, church groups, etc., theyre all perfect ways to make new friends but just hoping there are some good, honest, intelligent people on here that fit the bill as well.
I am 29, marine, aspiring teacher looking for work in any academic institution. I have attended the University of Miami and will be attending King's College hopefully by this spring. I love the outdoors, playing sports, history, science, laughing and even more so making people laugh they're asses off.
My girlfriend is 21, free spirited, very laid back. She can and will talk and debate on all things as my receding hairline will attest to. She is a great person and more caring than anyone in this world. She likes sitting in front of the computer, listening to music, nature, animals, everything.
We'd both like people who can offer good conversation, maybe shoot some hoops or throw around the football, people who dont mind b.s.ing at the mall and having long dinners of just great comradery and good times.
Sounds like the worst personal ad for a lonely couple in need of attention but in actuality we'd appreciate any people who have something to give because we believe we have alot to offer in friendship and good will.
You can check us out on facebook an drp a line there as I check it more, or I will start to check in here more often.
Thanks again for all the replies and please keep them coming!!!
Take care and be good
Steve

Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 AM

for facebook, my names Steve Excaliber and she is Lianet Cruz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania