Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:00 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron46 View Post
Yet another case of NIMBYism...ahh........lovely!

This backyard is overflowing perhaps you and your attitude have room in yours ?
Bingo we have a winner! Truth hurt much?
Lol, attitude...so not! Sorry my back yard has an easment and a development behind that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 03:38 PM

18 posts, read 39,641 times
"I cant ,, I think its PERFECT"

Now Here's Yet another case of NIMBYism

I'm done ,better things ta do .

Old 10-24-2010, 03:45 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
"I cant ,, I think its PERFECT"

Now Here's Yet another case of NIMBYism

I'm done ,better things ta do .

Whatever , Its not in my backyard . I have NO reason to complain .. I'd rather it be down there then up here ..

But up here it would go out of business , Plus no bus service ,( most junkies cant afford a car ) If you dont like it maybe you can stand outside the place with picket sign's ... You live in ""Little New York"' what did you expect ?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:33 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
My wife just mentioned that this is going to be .
There is a small strip kinda professional building on Rte. 611 in Coolbaugh Twp. just past the Beer dist. heading towards the Toby. Depot .
Anyone know about this ?
Seems as thou it was slipped under the radar ?
Anyway if it's true---it will mean nothing but trouble (crime) and yes I know how it goes--because 40 yrs ago I was an addict--and there will always be those that deal /hang around etc.
Why not make them go to a hospital for their fix ?(that's what I had to do )
And by the way---the schools not very far up the road .
an addict 40 years ago is still an addict although it sounds like like you're not an active addict.

Old 10-25-2010, 09:47 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
They fought one being built in Dunmore in the INDUSTRIAL PARK! Yet they have no problem with the smelly landfill right there.....

Old 10-25-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Whatever , Its not in my backyard . I have NO reason to complain .. I'd rather it be down there then up here ..

But up here it would go out of business , Plus no bus service ,( most junkies cant afford a car ) If you dont like it maybe you can stand outside the place with picket sign's ... You live in ""Little New York"' what did you expect ?
Sorry but I was born and raised in New York and never saw a methadone climic anywhere! Maybe the city, but NYS is very large and the 5 boroughs rather small in comparison!

Old 10-25-2010, 05:23 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
Sorry but I was born and raised in New York and never saw a methadone climic anywhere! Maybe the city, but NYS is very large and the 5 boroughs rather small in comparison!

So was I . There were and are those clinics in EVERY boro of the city ..

Maybe you were never looking for one either ,

Old 10-25-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
So was I . There were and are those clinics in EVERY boro of the city ..

Maybe you were never looking for one either ,
No I never had the need! lol, But being an island girl, didn't hang out too much in city. I think there may/might have been/be one in Hemampstead. (sp?) But Heampstead was never on my top ten list of stomping grouds either!

Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 AM

14 posts, read 21,339 times
They have been saying this for a while now and it has yet to happen. I know a few people who work in the schools around that area and they have voiced their opinions against it.

I just love how New Yorkers get blamed for all the crime in the Poconos..

Old 10-27-2010, 07:41 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubbiesmom View Post
I just love how New Yorkers get blamed for all the crime in the Poconos..
Well, the Poconos was once a quiet, safe, rural area with little crime....droves of NYers take over the area, and its now a gang-ridden cess pool, put 2 and 2 together. It doesn't mean all NY/NJ people are bad, but there's a significant portion of them that came here for the welfare, drug trade, etc.

But if you're a native of the Poconos, and you have watched how bad the place declined when the NYers took over, how would you feel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania