Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 AM

14 posts, read 21,341 times

Advertisements

I recently moved back and I have to say maybe I just don't live in the area where all this crime is going on but the area we live in is still nice and quiet. While yes there is a significant number that might have moved for the wrong reasons there are plenty of us who moved with the intention of giving our families a better quality of life and yet we get lumped in with the bad crowd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 08:54 AM

1,973 posts, read 5,275,124 times
I don't know...the methadone clinic in W-B attracts as much crime and attention as a dentist office. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:59 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Well, the Poconos was once a quiet, safe, rural area with little crime....droves of NYers take over the area, and its now a gang-ridden cess pool, put 2 and 2 together. It doesn't mean all NY/NJ people are bad, but there's a significant portion of them that came here for the welfare, drug trade, etc.

But if you're a native of the Poconos, and you have watched how bad the place declined when the NYers took over, how would you feel?

Ding , ding , ding , we have a winner

Old 10-27-2010, 09:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Methadone clinics apparently should be on Mars. @@

Old 10-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
I don't know...the methadone clinic in W-B attracts as much crime and attention as a dentist office. I don't understand what all the hoopla is about.
Me neither.

Where the hell are the clinics supposed to go?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:40 PM

996 posts, read 1,057,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Me neither.

Where the hell are the clinics supposed to go?
Open them in the densely populated areas where most of the addicts are.
Those that live in outlying areas have to travel.

The folks that attempted to build one just outside White Haven at the Turnpike exchange/I80 exit would have invited people from far away places like Allentown, Scranton, Stroudsburg, Wilkes-Barre.

Way too much traffic from a widespread area.

I am extremely happy Kidder Township shot it down.

Old 10-27-2010, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post

The folks that attempted to build one just outside White Haven at the Turnpike exchange/I80 exit would have invited people from far away places like Allentown, Scranton, Stroudsburg, Wilkes-Barre.

And what do you say to those who live in densely populated areas that cry NIMBY?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:

And do you honestly believe there aren't enough addicts to go to a rural clinic? REALLY?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:52 PM

996 posts, read 1,057,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
And do you honestly believe there aren't enough addicts to go to a rural clinic? REALLY?
I honestly don't care.

I didn't stick the needle in their arms.

If the rural addicts are off the junk, they can afford gas, - if they don't have a car they can pay someone for the ride to a city clinic.

I'm a cold hearted person - who can leave my house & vehicles unlocked.

Thank Goodness for Cold-Hearted Strict Zoning Ordinances.

p.s. - if you don't think that a privately-owned, profit-oriented, commercial methadone clinic, with immediate access to interstates criss-crossing NEPA is not going to market their services to the max, then you may be interested in some Florida land I have 4 sale..

Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I honestly don't care.

I didn't stick the needle in their arms.

If the rural addicts are off the junk, they can afford gas, - if they don't have a car they can pay someone for the ride to a city clinic.

I'm a cold hearted person - who can leave my house & vehicles unlocked.

Thank Goodness for Cold-Hearted Strict Zoning Ordinances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania