Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:03 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think the Westboro group may be one group that EVERYONE on this forum can rally against!
BTW this is not a "gay thing" or a "Christian" thing. Their are people working right now to have there tax exept status as a church revoked - because WBC is a HATE GROUP pure and simple, not a church.
This is NOT a Right-Wing group as some people group nor a Left wing group -in case any one thaought that if they were not one that they were the other. Its of the "Lunatic Wings" of the american sociopolitical scene. Like the Klan thay cloake themselves in religion and the cross.

BTW, The fallen soldier was a boyhood friend of someone we have met since moving to Wilkes-Barre.

I cannot believe that there are people in this world who would go out of their way to turn what should be a solomn and dignified time for his family and friends into at three ring circus!
Exactly...there is not much "Christian" about what these people are doing. Its a shame that some will use these clowns as more ammunition to use against Christians, when the fact is that these people do not represent Christianity. I doubt Jesus would be protesting a soldier's funeral, nor would 99.99999% of Christians. Actually, as a whole, Christians tend to be very supportive of our troops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times
The patriot guards are on duty for this! Thank you thank you thank you! xxxoooo Another nut job group that has the ability to do what they do, thanks to men and women who served/serve this great nation! I hate what they are doing, hate what they do to the families of our fallen heros; but thank God everyday that I live in a country where they have a right to be this crazy! They mock and torment the families of the people that contiue to pay the ultimate price for all of us and allow them to exsist and do the sick stuff they do! How twisted is that!!!??? BUT...ONLY IN AMERICA! GOD BLESS US ALL!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:23 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
They are really problematic. Just a heads up - someone I know informed me that they make their money by provoking people into assault them - which given their accross the board repunant views is not hard - and then they sue for damages!

These is nothing "Christian" about these bozos - I can not immagine deriving pleasure in mocking the mother, wife , or family of a soldier killed while defending their own right to spew this venom.
They are also notoriously antisemetic, and believe that God hates America so they celbrate when ever American's are killed. The miner's who were lost in West VA merited a celebration by this sick bunch!

Old 11-16-2010, 03:38 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,795 times
Please don't lump these people in with right-wing conservatives like myself. I find this group to be radical and they are giving good Christians a bad name. I don't agree one bit with what they are doing, but they have a right to do it. This solider died fighting for the very freedom that gives these nuts a right to do it, even though they should show some class and respect by not doing it. I'm against abortion and gay marriage, but I keep it to myself. I wouldn't ever consider going to a fallen hero's memorial and disrespect their family members in their time of mourning and great sorrow to air my beliefs. It's just not the right thing to do.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:55 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
UGH!!!

Kansas church planning to protest at Kridlo funeral | The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA (http://www.timesleader.com/news/Kansas-church-planning-to-protest-at-Kridlo-funeral.html - broken link)

If anyone is free on Wednesday morning PLEASE give these FRINGE lunatics a piece of my mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
They're scumbags....but they are not RIGHT WING. The bottom line is that they're just lunatics, whatever "wing" you want to put them on. I know you couldn't resist using this to take a shot at conservatives by lumping this group in with them, but you're wrong.

Maybe a local trucking company should go down there and pull up a couple of big rigs to block these idiots from view at the funeral.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Please don't lump these people in with right-wing conservatives like myself. I find this group to be radical and they are giving good Christians a bad name. I don't agree one bit with what they are doing, but they have a right to do it. This solider died fighting for the very freedom that gives these nuts a right to do it, even though they should show some class and respect by not doing it. I'm against abortion and gay marriage, but I keep it to myself. I wouldn't ever consider going to a fallen hero's memorial and disrespect their family members in their time of mourning and great sorrow to air my beliefs. It's just not the right thing to do.
Corrected.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:03 PM

Paul, I just can't believe that these people would devote so much time and energy into traveling all across the country to protest. What are they protesting? What is their message? I know God doesn't like sinners, but I know he doesn't hate this country. He loves us all, no matter how many shortcomings that we have. These people are twisting God's message and in the process are making all good Christians look bad in the process. But I'll let these wackos in on a secret, they can never make God look bad, no man can. It seems that they are coming solely to **** people off and don't care one bit about being respectful and conducting themselves in a loving, Christian manner. I just hope that everything stays peaceful and that no one gets hurt. I'll pray on it.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:48 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
I have NOT lumped these people in with conservative christian groups, such as valid Baptist conferences i.e. Southern Baptist, Conservative Baptist, American , General, or Regular Baptist.
Nor do I link them with Pentecostal groups such as the conservative Assembly of God, Church of God
or Christian and Missionary Alliance.
My husband was raised in such church, and we have both studied theology and these people have no business calling them selves a church!

It makes ALL Churches look bad to non Christians and non believers, but especially conservative Christians! I mean the group sounds innocuous enough - they are not calling themselves The Ku Klux Klan or the Nazis!

I really think that their tax exempt status must be revoked ASAP!
There is a group on facebook seeking to do just that.

This is a hate group and they hate the very country that permits them the freedom to say the outrageous things that they do.
UN -believable!!! It must take so much hate to travel around the country doing what they do.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM

32,617 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
I already joined!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I have NOT lumped these people in with conservative christian groups, such as valid Baptist conferences i.e. Southern Baptist, Conservative Baptist, American , General, or Regular Baptist.
Nor do I link them with Pentecostal groups such as the conservative Assembly of God, Church of God
or Christian and Missionary Alliance.
My husband was raised in such church, and we have both studied theology and these people have no business calling them selves a church!

It makes ALL Churches look bad to non Christians and non believers, but especially conservative Christians! I mean the group sounds innocuous enough - they are not calling themselves The Ku Klux Klan or the Nazis!

This is a hate group and they hate the very country that permits them the freedom to say the outrageous things that they do.
UN -believable!!! It must take so much hate to travel around the country doing what they do.
I agree. I think we are all on the same page here. This church is not what Christianity is all about and does not promote the teachings of Jesus at all. I'm a faithful church goer and my values and morals are deeply rooted in God and Jesus, but this church makes a mockery of Christianity and the good people that practice it.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:33 PM

232 posts, read 347,507 times
Thank you to all those going to counter-protest this morons.

This Sub Forum is actually united on an issue!

=)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania