Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What kind of Christmas Tree Do You
Fresh cut Tree 12 57.14%
Artificial 8 38.10%
No Christmas Tree 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:28 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times

Advertisements

I used to have artificial when I was single. When I moved in with DH, we got fresh cut real trees and still do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
what about Dead , Or diseased , or demented , Shall I go on ?
If I am angry with DH, it could mean rickhead (replace the r with another consonant...LOL)

Old 11-21-2010, 04:45 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times
Magritte - I get a fuuny feeling that your DH, or RH, may refer to you as

SWMBO...

(She Who Must Be Obeyed)..

LOL - just kidding....

Old 11-22-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
Magritte - I get a fuuny feeling that your DH, or RH, may refer to you as

SWMBO...

(She Who Must Be Obeyed)..

LOL - just kidding....
Depends on the day.

Old 11-27-2010, 06:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,713 times
Default Cutting Christmas trees

When my wife and I were first married and living in Northern Utah, we would drive into Idaho each year, hike (or snowmobile) into the mountains and cut down a Christmas tree. You only needed to buy a $5 permit to cut a tree. Is there the equivalent in NE PA? If so where? We currently live in the Poconos and would love to have this tradition for our children. Thanks and happy holidays.

Old 11-27-2010, 11:39 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Not in this NEPA area that I know of.......There is a lot of tree farms, and it is fun for the kids to roam in them and pick out a tree you can chop down. ( or many farms will for you) Some have wagons where you can return with your tree. Some bring your tree back in a truck. You even have the choice to drag it back yourself to be netted.
Some fantastic ones are the Walker Tree farm and the Crystal Springs Tree farm.(Lehighton)
This morning the Botak family were on TV from the Crystal Springs Tree Farm handing over a tree to President and Mrs Obama.
They won the contest from all the tree growers in the USA to be able to hand over one of their prize winning trees to the President. They have won this award before.
Such happy and so deserving people, who have carried on their family tradition of working at the tree farm.
The tree has a cost per foot. I must say all the trees are a third of what it cost us in New Jersey.
I find them to be priced very well in our state. Although none at five dollars.
Crystal Springs do have some small cut trees for about twenty.......

Old 11-27-2010, 02:25 PM

Where in Northeastern Pennsylvania to find choose-and-cut Christmas tree farms, pre-cut trees, stands, sleigh rides, hay rides and related winter events and fun!

My husband cuts ours down at a tree farm, Helen and Ed's...

Helen and Ed's Tree Farm.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:29 PM

224 posts, read 228,514 times
my fam used to own a log cabin near Harveys Lake built by my Dziadek in 1916,,we used to get our trees from there, he planted a 3/4 acre of pine seedlings, when I was old enough to cut we had to 'top' the old trees off for a tree for the house....

My brother Rick now has about a 1/2 acre of Balsam and scotch Pine that he grows for friends and fam near Toms River, NJ as well as a bountiful array of NJ produce...corn, tomatoes, melons, asparagus etc.
We usaully go cut our own on Dec. 4th, my daughters birthday...
Omigod, she's turning 30 this year!
I feel so old!

Old 11-27-2010, 04:08 PM

Actually right on Effort Neola road is a new tree farm just off of 115 and past Bunny Lane go straight.
From what I can see they are nicely formed, but still a bit small. So if you want a small tree, with a good shape. That might work if your in the Effort area. I think they are going to have cut your own there. Perhaps some cut ones also......

Old 11-29-2010, 07:07 PM

I went to the Crystal Tree Farm today. Margaret the owner is so huggable. Such a nice family.
I congratulated her for winning the "best National tree" and getting that tree to the White House.
I found a fraser for myself. Last year was a concolor tree. I needed a change of style...........
I was looking for a tree with some personality....
Drove the hubby crazy because every tree was basically good.
Finally I found one that won my heart, and hubby thought it was good too. So the farm people cut it and brought it down in the truck to shake and wrap.
I loved having a measure pole for a change. Finally I didn't have to raise my hand and jump for the height.
So its here, but not going up as yet........Its not quite December as yet........Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania