Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 07:42 AM

224 posts, read 228,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I find that CASH IS KING ..
absolutely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,012 times
I have heard good things about Hornbeck Chevy and Feel Good Motors, now I have not purchased any vehicles from them but friends have.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:11 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
I find that CASH IS KING ..
Most people don't have cash to just pull out of their arse to for a car.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Si, so hopefully you have opted to maintain a good credit score...
I have always try to do both, an adequate cash reserve and a good score
I hadn't a clue as to where I stood in the complex world of Credit Rating, just tried to pay my bills on time and never went for the 'Bling'

Turns out a recent Credit report from 3 companies put me in the top 11% in the US....
A lesson I learned from my Grandparents, all Nepa Natives and my parents, who lived thru the depression and raised 5 kids who never went hungry, a feat in itself....

NEVER over- extend yourself financially to keep up with your 'nabes'...

I live comfortably, and have adequate resources to pursue my hobbies and sports, and to travel.

What is better than that?

Sorry for the rant....
peace, Coalboy

Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,255 times
If you dont have any ""Liquid"" cash , Then your at the MERCY of the credit companys . I have GREAT credit and still refuse to deal with the shysters (Banks ) I have credit cards I dont use (have them for emergency's ) and to reserve Hotel rooms ( but always pay cash when we arrive ) two things I found Hold up no matter what ,,Cash and GOLD ....

The only loan I ever got was for a home , Even then We paid off a 30 yr note in 12 yrs by placing principal payments in the mail every other week..

The company did NOT like that ,, AND we paid 90 K for all our land and house and 29 acres .. Its worth 5 times that now EVEN in this crappy economy ..

Cash Is King .. Its as simple as that ..

Old 12-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post

then you save and buy a cheap car , There are PLENTY of nice decent cars at auctions that wont break ya

Old 12-01-2010, 05:14 PM

Quote:
two things I found Hold up no matter what ,,Cash and GOLD ....

I got married in 1987 at my wife's uncles house on Anini Beach, Kauai'i, Hawai'i...
For a wedding present he gave us Krugerrand with a face value at that time of 500 dollars.

He asked me and my brothers if we'd like to invest as a group in a larger amount...
I was feeling shaky, but also obligated,since he hosted our wedding..

We, as a bloc, invested 2700 USD in the Gold....
I am more than happy with the initial investment, gift, and multiplied investment return....

I SO wish I/we had invested more....

However, I am not the least disappointed,

If it wasn't for my wife. and Uncle, I would never have even heard of Krugerrand.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalboy View Post
I got married in 1987 at my wife's uncles house on Anini Beach, Kauai'i Hawai'i...
For a wedding present he gave us Krugerrand with a face value at that time of 500 dollars.

He asked me and my brothers if we'd like to invest as a group in a larger amount...
I was feeling shaky, but also obligated,since he hosted our wedding..
We, as a bloc, invested 2700 USD in the Gold....
I am more than happy with the initial investment, gift, and multiplied investment return....

I SO wish I/we had invested more....

However, I am not the least disappointed,

If it wasn't for my wife and Uncle I would never have even heard of Krugerrand.

Yep gold coins from South Africa
Cool Beans ,, As I said Cash and GOLD are king ..

Old 12-01-2010, 05:18 PM

Look at todays prices for em

Gold Krugerrand 1 oz | Gold Krugerrand Coin | Krugerrand Value | South Africa Gold (http://www.regalgoldcoins.com/gold-bullion-coins.html - broken link)

This says it all

As gold is the most stable form of investment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania