Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

224 posts, read 228,352 times

Advertisements

and 'Gender Benders'
Just want to say I am back from Puerto Rico, I had no problem leaving Newark Airport on the 26th during the snowstorm at 11;30 am ..
I heard it got all crazy around 2pm though.

Just want to wish you all a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year...

Feliz ano nuevo!

I am tanned, rested, and ready!

Just like to comment on some of the hot threads going...I especially like the thread with VarmintBlaster and 'Little Lord Fauntleroy', (Downtown WB) some great parry and thrusts going on...TheaterGypsy threw in some great stuff on that thread too...you go girl!
Frankly I'm suprised that the thread is still rolling...I thought it would have 'gone the way of the buffalo' by now.

The other great thread is the one about 'transplants' by sheena12... some valid and well presented points on both sides of the fence...

Anyway, just wanted to give all my Nepa 'Hommies' a big Shout out!
Word to my 'Peeps!'
peace coalboy

Last edited by coalboy; 01-02-2011 at 01:42 PM..

Old 01-02-2011, 10:39 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,302 times
Welcome back buddy. At least we had a warm weather spell going on here - lessoned the shock when you got off the plane in NEPA.

The mod "cleaned up" the Wilkes-Barre thread.

It is amazing how they can leave BS stand, but erase the FACTS that shoot down the BS.

Kindler, gentler, PC nonsense.

"Little Lord Fauntleroy" - LMAO !!!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 12:12 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
You guys slay me!!! Lol, glad you had a good time in PR CB...I am so jealous. VB...what can I say, I think your an ace!!!

Old 01-03-2011, 02:59 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveinbloom View Post
I think your an ace!!!
Unlike many folks in today's twisted, sanitized, nannyized world, which has recently become full of victims, my ace has nothing to do with race.

At least I have the Antenna Network, which is now being broadcast on Channel 16-2, and includes great old shows like All in The Family, Sanford & Son, Al Bundy & Company, Three Stooges, etc.

These shows may have been offensive to "the sensitive people", but at least they provided comic relief instead of supplying a never-ending dosage of PC druel.

"Don't whizz down my back and tell me it's rainin"
- credit due to The Outlaw Josey Wales. -----> (A TRUE ACE)

Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Hi Coalboy! Glad you had a nice trip!

I think the weather is going back to NEPA norms and I'm not too happy about that. Well, better finish up this coffee and get my butt in gear to start the week!

Old 01-03-2011, 05:39 AM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Feliz Ano Nuevo to you too!

Puerto Rico Me Encanta!

Love it down there - especially Old San Juan and the rain forest.
Mmmmm lying in the sun at on a tropical beach sounds good about now.
My Patents took ou down there a few times. We stayed at the Sheraton San Juan.
Bet it's not there anymore.

Well welcome back to NEPA!
Now prepare to freeze your a$$ off!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
So glad you made it out of Dodge before the snow grounded your flight. Hope you had a spectacular week. We did have a few days of semi-warm (for winter) weather - unfortunately, I was grounded by a stomach bug and never made it out the door except to get mail.

You never did tell us - did you get to greet "George" when he arrived? Or were you, like the Redcoats, sleeping off the revelry? LOL

Anyway, the beat goes on in NEPA and the frigidity (I think I made that up!) has returned. I love four seasons.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:37 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Nice post, but in the future, please just add to the off topic chat thread...

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania