Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2011, 06:18 PM

996 posts, read 1,056,751 times

Advertisements

I had the great pleasure of participating in an icefishing derby today at Francis Slocum State Park - sponsored by the Nanticoke Conservation Club.
There were 172 participants today - including about 30 youngsters that also attended a class on icefishing safety,basic techniques and knot-tying at the Nature Education Building.

Weather was nice - warm, slight mist and drizzle that ended up as a steady rain just as the 1pm weigh in concluded. Ice was solid - no slop or slush - the last couple of nights locked up the surface again.

View from boat rental area:

Folks settled into their spots:

Fog rolling in:

Jerry the "Bassmaster" knows his trade very well:

My little slice of heaven:
(wound up with 32 eaters,,,if I did not wander around BS'ng, I probably would have limited out at 50 - the bite was on with a jiggin rod.

Folks gathered around the scale for weigh in. Prizes were awarded for biggest fish per species - trout,bass,crappie,bass, sunfish, & pickerel.

Future BASSMASTERS in the Making:

And a little princess with a fine catch:

Another Great Winter Day in NEPA.

Some folks get Cabin Fever and get a case of the Winter Doldrums,

Others get out there and GIT R DONE !!!!!!!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

VB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM

159 posts, read 458,049 times
Nice bass there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania