Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:54 PM

59 posts, read 271,888 times

Advertisements

I know the low carb fad has slowly faded away, even though it's still my favorite weightloss method.

Does anyone know of any stores anywhere in NEPA that specialize in selling low carb products? (I'll drive a good distance for it) Breads, Cookies, Cakes, Chips and so on...

When I lived on Long Island, I had a little diner kinda place that carried all of this stuff, and I have yet to see anything here. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2007, 09:58 PM

32,603 posts, read 77,247,404 times
I do a lot of my shopping at Everything Natural in Downtown Clarks Summit. I haven't been there in several months now, as I'm trying to cut back my spending a bit, but I'm pretty sure they had some carb-conscious options available. I'd look them up in the phone book and give them a call tomorrow to inquire about their selection before you make the drive to the Abingtons from Carbondale though.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:13 AM

59 posts, read 271,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
I do a lot of my shopping at Everything Natural in Downtown Clarks Summit. I haven't been there in several months now, as I'm trying to cut back my spending a bit, but I'm pretty sure they had some carb-conscious options available. I'd look them up in the phone book and give them a call tomorrow to inquire about their selection before you make the drive to the Abingtons from Carbondale though.
Will do! Thanks

Old 07-18-2007, 11:23 AM

51 posts, read 329,760 times
Walmart in mt pocono has about a 1/4 of a isle dedicated to low carb things,this includes muffin and cookie mix.I have not looked in over a year but the last time I did the Atlins diet most of my stuff came from there.You can also order low carb foods on line.Good luck

Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 PM

20 posts, read 63,181 times
I second Everything Natural, it's the closest thing to a Whole Foods or Fresh Fields you'll find in the Scranton/W-B area. Wegmans has an organic section as well, where you can find whole grain products as well as soy/flax alternatives for a lot of things.

Does anyone know of any other local organic or farmer's markets near Scranton that sell fresh produce and meats?

Old 07-22-2007, 01:15 PM

18 posts, read 79,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurskye View Post

Does anyone know of any other local organic or farmer's markets near Scranton that sell fresh produce and meats?
There's a farmer market in Wilkes-Barre on the square every Thursday (I think) during the summer. All local farmers and they even have a butcher there sometimes. Not sure if it's organic, though. I like Wegman's for organic. We can really use a Whole Foods!

Old 07-22-2007, 03:24 PM

142 posts, read 576,693 times
I tried the HF store in Luzerne (aka loser-n). But Wegmans beat it for price and almost matches it's selection. Most of the stuff Wegmans doesn't have, I'm not interested in anyway..

Old 07-22-2007, 03:34 PM

32,603 posts, read 77,247,404 times
Wegman's has the best buffalo chicken pizza; its smattering of bleu cheese is still something I can taste! MMMMMMM!!!! When my friend from France was in recently, he and another friend of mine hit up Wegman's to do all of our shopping for an international-themed picnic lunch at Nay Aug Park. What a treat! The stuff we bought was a bit pricey given their ethnic nature (I shelled out about $40), but it was certainly worth it to give the both of them an awesome day. It was also nice to see them both visit the new treehouse and watch their eyes light up at the gorgeous views just a stone's throw from Center City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania