Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM

267 posts, read 765,482 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know the current price of Sunday brunch at Carmen's? Adult and children.
I've been to Patsel's for Mothers Day brunch and I thought it was awesome.
Coopers in Pittston used to have a good brunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Trips View Post
"Sunday Brunch" Which word needs explaining here???

well,well mr charm! do u brunch?

i recommend agolino's or if near scranton glider diner

Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
well,well mr charm! do u brunch?

i recommend agolino's or if near scranton glider diner
The glider for brunch? Sorry, breakfast yes but they don't really brunch there.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
The glider for brunch? Sorry, breakfast yes but they don't really brunch there.
brunch is what you make it---and the glider can combo breakfast and lunch--but the op did not say they wanted atmosphere and a classy??? buffet--the main components of brunch up here

Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 AM

32,616 posts, read 77,608,316 times
I really liked Agolino's in West Pittston when I still lived in NEPA. If you go on a Sunday make sure you go early to avoid the post-church crowds. I have a craving right now for their stuffed French toast! It's truly admirable how quickly they've rebounded after being destroyed by the 2011 flood.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I really liked Agolino's in West Pittston when I still lived in NEPA. If you go on a Sunday make sure you go early to avoid the post-church crowds. I have a craving right now for their stuffed French toast! It's truly admirable how quickly they've rebounded after being destroyed by the 2011 flood.
me too and everyone is so nice there!

Old 01-12-2013, 09:34 AM

643 posts, read 1,037,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avoca resident View Post
Does anyone know the current price of Sunday brunch at Carmen's? Adult and children.
I've been to Patsel's for Mothers Day brunch and I thought it was awesome.
Coopers in Pittston used to have a good brunch.
I don't remember the exact number so you should call but I think it was around $25. I do not know what the price is for kids.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:15 AM

24,114 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Agolinos is a place we have visited a few Sundays after church. We like it a lot. The food is good and it's reasonable.

Reminds me of a diner. There are not many diners here and I have a theory about that. I think people foolishly patronized fast food places, instead of the family owned diner.

I hate fast food. I never understood the hype and insane passion for bad greasy food.

I like to support independent, family owned establishments and eat food served and prepared by people who actually have a stake in how the food tastes.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Agolinos is a place we have visited a few Sundays after church. We like it a lot. The food is good and it's reasonable.

Reminds me of a diner. There are not many diners here and I have a theory about that. I think people foolishly patronized fast food places, instead of the family owned diner.

I hate fast food. I never understood the hype and insane passion for bad greasy food.

I like to support independent, family owned establishments and eat food served and prepared by people who actually have a stake in how the food tastes.
Fast food does seem to be a favorite here. Why, I don't understand. I forgot to pack lunch when we were out with the kids once and after riding around looking for even a supermarket to by fruit & sandwich fixings unsuccessfully, we were forced to stop at a local fast food place. The kids couldn't even finish it. Everyone got sick. The kids begged us to never get them any fast food again,lol. We saw a documentary about fast food, and now the kids call the burgers, McPoop burgers, and tell all their classmates why they shouldn't eat at these places.
I haven't seen a diner out here, and that is another thing I miss about the NYC Metro. Diner food is fresher, and gets you full fast. We always leave with doggy bags because we can never finish it.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM

5,300 posts, read 6,179,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
I haven't seen a diner out here, and that is another thing I miss about the NYC Metro. Diner food is fresher, and gets you full fast. We always leave with doggy bags because we can never finish it.
There used to be real stainless steel diners in the Wyoming Valley. Kingston had 2: The Top Hat on Wyoming Ave. at Kingston Corners run by the Pritchard family (good food, very busy) and the Red Rooster on Pierce Street near the bridge. The Red Rooster was a New Jersey type diner (Greek owned) with a very big menu, bakery on premises with the standard 15 separate layers type cakes and 12" high pies. Agnes washed the diner off its foundations in 1972 and it never re-opened. Handley's in WB was another notable diner as was the Sunset in Luzerne.

Diners are making a comeback. Maybe some day a new one will open in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania