Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 12:01 PM

41 posts, read 83,887 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Just wanted everyone to know that I have started a facebook group to save the Hotel Sterling-//www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Save-the-Hotel-Sterling-Wilkes-Barre-PA/147946351934833
If we can get enough people to join we can make a big difference-So lets ban together and save what may be one of the last significant historical landmarks in our region.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
Solicitation is not allowed on this site. This thread will be removed shortly.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM

41 posts, read 83,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
Solicitation is not allowed on this site. This thread will be removed shortly.
Hi,
Oh I am very sorry I was not trying to solicit anything I was just letting people know of the group I started. I am rather new at this City-Data Forum-Please forgive me.
Thanks!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 04:31 PM

539 posts, read 1,068,787 times
I wouldn't think a non-profit or "emotional cause"/awareness campaign would be against the rules, like supporting a library, museum, or crime-watch coalition, or even a "local" breast cancer awareness program, red cross, local tourism/chamber of commerce site or something like that. Facebook sites (not linked to a person or business interest for monetary gain) are also sort of a way (through "fanship" numbers) to almost act as a petition and public announcement to politicians that enough people support a particular cause or action. Probably something for a political candidate would be off limits, though. It's a fine line. Something like "help Haiti" or "help Japan", may belong on another forum, but something NEPA like "save our precious landmark" should deserve some mention, as long as they are just asking for "vocal" support and not asking for monetary lobbyism/partisanism, etc.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:55 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
I really am sorry but it's not my choice. There have been several threads about what solicitation means on the mod forum, but even if it's for a very good cause, like saving a landmark or helping out victims from a natural event, solicitations are not allowed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania