Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:53 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,182,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepadaisy View Post
The most famous one is the issue with the court order for the cesarean in 2004. I think that was General. Other than that, I've mostly heard that they're very aggressive with things like pit and epidurals, episiotomies, and separation of mother and baby after birth, and very unyielding about things like refusing constant monitoring, hep b/vit k/eye ointment, and eating and drinking during labor, and pushing in positions other than lithotomy.

It's probably a good idea to get current rates for things like that, though. If you call, they should be able to give you 2010 stats. Most recent I can find is 2008 for some data. The Unnecesarean -
A court ordered cesarean in luzerne county? I'm really not shocked, but why would a court order that?

Both of my daughters were born via c-section. The first was because of our daughter being breech with a short umbilical cord. The second, the dr recommended it, and my wife was in agreement because for her the first experience was pretty pain free without much recovery time. But, I can't see how or why a court would order it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2011, 08:33 PM

99 posts, read 235,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
A court ordered cesarean in luzerne county? I'm really not shocked, but why would a court order that?

Both of my daughters were born via c-section. The first was because of our daughter being breech with a short umbilical cord. The second, the dr recommended it, and my wife was in agreement because for her the first experience was pretty pain free without much recovery time. But, I can't see how or why a court would order it.
Debate Revived On Mother's Rights - CBS News

Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
daisy,

I read that story last night. It really burned me up that the hospital AND the government went that far to thwart this woman's rights. But I'm not surprised. Between myself, close relatives and many friends who are mothers, we all have similar stories about the local birth culture.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,182,888 times
If I remember correctly, when we toured Geisinger (who I normally endorse the services of) they didn't even have a whirlpool tub. This could of changed since they remodeled.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times
I too am pregnant and I've lived here my whole life. If you have to choose bw hospitals GO WITH GEISINGER....My OB is a doctor at General (Lezinsky), he's great. As for the hospital I would rather birth in the street. My grandmother was sadly transported to this hospital and it's nothing but heartache. I've never seen such neglect, good luck if you have to pee and forget about you HIPPA privacy.Yes, i'm currently pursuing actions against them!!! There are facilities in Scranton that work with Lehigh Valley Hospital(they do 3d ultrasounds and have pairintologists) also check Danville Geisinger, as a child growing up at that hospital it's worth every penny and every mile! Good luck girl!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania