Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 07:21 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Well put. When you listen to gangsta rap that sings about the glories of drug dealing, fast cash, fast women, and homicide, then dress like and try to emmulate them and that life style, don't be surprised when people look at you and treat you like you are a mennace to society and treat you like a low class thug looser, because that is exactly the picture that you are painting of yourself. No. I don't look at these wanna-be white kids like they are criminals, I look at them like bored, suburban teenagers that are in a severe identity crisis, and would pee thier pants if they had to commit a real crime. There is something wrong with society when kids look up to this ilk and criminal element.
Thank you. How come none of the so-called "black leaders" like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out and put down rap music and say it's lyrics are degrading to women? Or the NOW? They don't want to offend the blacks, to me, that is racism. Because they were so quick to jump on Imus when he made those remarks about the women's basketball team. The hypocrisy in this country amazes me. But, we are off topic now. Let's get back to has crime really increased in the Scranton area and I say, yes, in part because of ghetto types who listen to rap.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:16 PM

513 posts, read 1,080,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
What do you call black kids that dress like that? Hmmm....
What do they call each other? A word is a word.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Living in the Wyoming Valley I have seen far too many women rocking the muffin top, rather than go with a mom jean. It has been so pervasive that I have sworn off muffins.

With the spread of the muffin top, I wonder if it is gang related? Some muffin mamma mafia group or something.
You have your head in the sand if you don't there there are gang members in, around, and under those muffin tops.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Yeah I have no idea why kids (white, black, purple, green, etc) would follow current fashion trends. I find it interesting that you and others are really hooked on the white kids following the black ones.
At any given time, there are LOTs of fashion trends. The ones you pick to follow tell others how you want to be perceived.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
How do you know all of these people aren't "being themselves"?
Because those who are being themselves don't follow fashion trends, they don't don the uniform of the herd they want to be associated with. Pick a side of the issue.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:36 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
Listen, I'm not judging anybody by the way they dress, only the Lord can judge. I don't care if you're blue, black or yellow. When you dress like that you're disrespecting yourself and others. I do not want to see your underwear and if you're in a restaurant show some class and respect and take off your hat. Wear clothes that fit you and are not 5 sizes to big. We're just saying when you look like that, you may get mistaken for a criminal even if you're not. The morals and values in this country have really spiraled downward in the last 10-15 years and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. The fashion sense that these kids have is part of that.
I do love how you say, I'm not judging anybody, and then go on to do nothing but judge.
Also, I chuckle at "only the lord comment". It makes me picture some red neck in a pick up truck, missing teeth, spittin chewing tobacco. Which is not uncommon here.

Seriously though, I agree. I think men should go back to wearing a suit, tie and top hat when going to a movie. Men, women and children should wear their Sunday best when traveling by bus or plane.
If you go to Cracker Barrel for dinner you better have on a jacket and tie, girls you better have on a dress.

Failure to abide by these rules means you are disrespecting yourself and others. Don't be surprised if society treats you like the scum you are. A low class street thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-B proud View Post
Well put. When you listen to gangsta rap that sings about the glories of drug dealing, fast cash, fast women, and homicide, then dress like and try to emmulate them and that life style, don't be surprised when people look at you and treat you like you are a mennace to society and treat you like a low class thug looser, because that is exactly the picture that you are painting of yourself. No. I don't look at these wanna-be white kids like they are criminals, I look at them like bored, suburban teenagers that are in a severe identity crisis, and would pee thier pants if they had to commit a real crime. There is something wrong with society when kids look up to this ilk and criminal element.

Why don't you come out and say you hate anything that isn't white? As a matter of fact, your status should be, "if it ain't white, it ain't right""

because it's only "gangsta rap", that have songs about drugs, fast women, fast cash, and murder, right? right?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:59 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,088 times
Quote:
Thank you. How come none of the so-called "black leaders" like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson come out and put down rap music and say it's lyrics are degrading to women? Or the NOW? They don't want to offend the blacks, to me, that is racism. Because they were so quick to jump on Imus when he made those remarks about the women's basketball team. The hypocrisy in this country amazes me. But, we are off topic now. Let's get back to has crime really increased in the Scranton area and I say, yes, in part because of ghetto types who listen to rap.
Did you ever come down on the Scorpions, AC/DC, and a whole host of other white rock groups who degrade woman in songs? Or B*tch that "name that conservative" didn't come down on them as well?

and you talk about hypocrisy. Really, are you that ignorant?

I say crime has increased because we have too many drunkin white rednecks running around the Wyoming Valley and Scranton.

BTW, Bill Cosby and other "black leaders" have called rappers out on the carpet about lyrics. You just choose to only see what you want to.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,624,189 times
Lets clarify.. the "trend" of the pants around the knees with underwear hanging out is attributed to being in jail and having your belt and laces taken so you cant hang yourself. yeah. thats what I want my son to emulate and aspire to...yep., being proud of being "Old G" street rep of having a criminal record and serving time in prison is is something to be proud of..
PLEASE!!!!!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:29 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,658,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Did you ever come down on the Scorpions, AC/DC, and a whole host of other white rock groups who degrade woman in songs? Or B*tch that "name that conservative" didn't come down on them as well?

and you talk about hypocrisy. Really, are you that ignorant?

I say crime has increased because we have too many drunkin white rednecks running around the Wyoming Valley and Scranton.

BTW, Bill Cosby and other "black leaders" have called rappers out on the carpet about lyrics. You just choose to only see what you want to.
Are you implying that I'm some redneck because I have a deep faith in God and have class, morals, values and respect? You, are way off base on that one.

Gangsta rap is 50 times worse than anything that AC/DC, Scorpions or Motley Crue ever did. Yes, Bill Cosby came out against that and the way young blacks dress and act and I applaud him for that. There are not enough people coming out and saying the truth like he did. I see more people praising this crap than coming out against it.

And yes, white people commit crimes too. Blacks commit a higher percentage of crimes. It's not stereotyping, it's reality and some people choose not to accept it and hide their heads in the sand. And like DE_NePA stated, if you don't believe that there is gang activity here, then you have to wake up and see the truth.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Listen, I'm not judging anybody by the way they dress, only the Lord can judge. I don't care if you're blue, black or yellow. When you dress like that you're disrespecting yourself and others. I do not want to see your underwear and if you're in a restaurant show some class and respect and take off your hat. Wear clothes that fit you and are not 5 sizes to big. We're just saying when you look like that, you may get mistaken for a criminal even if you're not. The morals and values in this country have really spiraled downward in the last 10-15 years and it doesn't look like it's getting any better. The fashion sense that these kids have is part of that.
You really need to brush up on your history. I'll leave it at that because I'm not going to sit here and teach you things that a grown man should know.

You are judging when you assume that someone who dresses in a certain manner is X. You can put any pretty ribbon on it you like, in the end it is judging by appearance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania