Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:18 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,880 times

Advertisements

Let me refresh your memory to RECENT events in Philadelphia:

Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,085,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Don't waste your time. There are very people who understand what you are getting at. Realistic blacks and a few open minded whites.
For many of you that think the negative about what is concerns are, have you ever had a cross burning on your lawn? Better yet when was the last time one was burned in a black neighborhood when a white person moved in? I find it interesting that some whites have selective memory loss, the last lynching of a blackman was'nt that long ago. So tell me what person of color in their right mind wants to go through that?
i hear you--have been stopped by the police on occasion in exclusively white neighborhoods when there has been a recent crime,and even had to assume the position by an overzealous female cop cause all the rest of the people in my car were young black males---and i am an old handicapped white woman(btw--these guys were all pro ball players)
in my current neighborhood,a recent new guy who is african-american gets glared at by the all white neighbors and btw--i am more leery of these gun toting red neck neighbors here in nepa)

Old 04-05-2011, 03:59 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trucker7 View Post
Let me refresh your memory to RECENT events in Philadelphia:
So your paranoia over some loudmouth playing dress-up is somehow more reasonable than the OP's inquiry about hate crime statistics?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
So your paranoia over some loudmouth playing dress-up is somehow more reasonable than the OP's inquiry about hate crime statistics?
Hmmm, so is reasonable for the OP to be fearful of white people giving him 'the looks', but it's okay for a black man to intimidate voters at a polling place and to publicly encourage black people to KILL white people?

Old 04-05-2011, 05:53 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,132 times
Quote:
it's okay for a black man to intimidate voters at a polling place and to publicly encourage black people to KILL white people
What the ...

Who said that? You really need to stop listening to Coast To Coast for a few weeks.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM

76 posts, read 230,582 times
Feeling most comfortable among people that you identify with is a common human experience. There's nothing right, wrong, good, or bad about it...its human nature. The only thing I take exception to in the original post and the OP's follow-up are the broad generalizations about white people and their negative labelling and stereotpying of black people. These generalizations do not represent me. I would imagine that they do not represent many people who post and read here. The OP also remarked that he has white friends. For his sake, I would hope that these generalizations are not representative of them.

A question for you, Mr OP. Did you vote for Barack Obama? (I did, by the way.) If you did, I am assuming his message of "change you can believe in" resonated with you (as it did with me.) Change is about changing the way we act but it begins with changing the way we think.

Old 04-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floor9 View Post
What the ...

Who said that? You really need to stop listening to Coast To Coast for a few weeks.
Click on the video I posted before on this thread and skip to 1:05. Transcript:
"You want freedom, you gonna have to kill some crackers
You gonna have to kill some of their babies".

Old 04-05-2011, 07:53 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,922,132 times
Quote:
Click on the video I posted before on this thread and skip to 1:05. Transcript:
"You want freedom, you gonna have to kill some crackers
You gonna have to kill some of their babies".
Great - you found a video with some racist dude in it. I'm saying nobody in here calls their behavior "acceptable".

It was a rhetorical question, because the answer is "nobody". I was just pointing out what a derpy post you made. Woosh. On second thought, go back to late-night talk radio.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,715,057 times
Quote:
Hmmm, so is reasonable for the OP to be fearful of white people giving him 'the looks', but it's okay for a black man to intimidate voters at a polling place and to publicly encourage black people to KILL white people?
No, I think you're both paranoid.

You should try not to be so frightened - be more like all the people in your video who were ignoring or snickering at the goofball you're afraid of. Life will seem more pleasant.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 PM

Who says I'm afraid? If anything, it is the OP who has voiced concerns about living around whites. And based on the fact that he's very first post on CD was with the intention of stirring the pot, I think that he's just trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania