Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:50 PM

223 posts, read 796,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by untuchableface View Post
I'll be heading to Montrose in September to visit family. It will be nice to go back.

In all actuality, I hated Montrose growing up. Never anything to do... blah blah. You know how kids are. I couldn't wait to get into the city! I do love the city but Montrose still pulls at my heart strings. I miss a lot of things being in the city that I took for granted when I lived in Montrose (cheaper, the leaves, the mountains, grass in general, DRIVEWAYS/MAIL BOXES) I don't think I'll end up back there (only to visit family) due to low wages (I have a masters degree, and it is hard to get the money back that I put into it living there) but I will probably end up in New England, which oddly enough, is very similiar to Montrose in character.

Weird how that turns out
do you know what the scene is like in Binghamton or Scranton for "things to do?" i'm not very complicated---just looking for a cool coffee shop or bookstore, maybe live bands, a decent place to spend a weekend afternoon or night out. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 AM

131 posts, read 659,470 times
I am less familiar with Scranton than I am with Binghamton. I lived in Brackney... about 15 mins from Montrose, and it also happened to be about 10 mins to the NY border so Binghamton was much closer.

Binghamton is getting kind of run down nowadays. But there is Vestal and Johnson City... There is a plaza in Vestal with Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, etc. All along what's called "the parkway" you will find stores and restaurants.

You are more apt to find smaller joints in Scranton, I think. But both areas have malls.

There are lots of bars in Binghamton... but from what I remember it was mostly a younger crowd since BU is right around the corner. But there's also an arena that often has concerts.

As far as live bands... I've never seen any there... I know that in Scranton they have live music at Borders and I'm sure they have places with live music.

When I lived there I was underage so it's hard to gage

Old 08-16-2007, 07:45 PM

223 posts, read 796,036 times
thanks untouchable, i appreciate your insights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania