Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 01:29 PM

45 posts, read 115,403 times

Advertisements

Is this something to look out for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 04:50 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,141,443 times
No longer ,, a few yrs back they used it down south . Its been Banned from coming into the USA since

Old 05-13-2011, 07:40 AM

45 posts, read 115,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
No longer ,, a few yrs back they used it down south . Its been Banned from coming into the USA since
Yes it was a big issue in Florida. Mainly found in houses built in 2005-06 If I recall correctly. I was wondering if any of it also found its way to Pa.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:08 AM

513 posts, read 1,080,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by log living View Post
Yes it was a big issue in Florida. Mainly found in houses built in 2005-06 If I recall correctly. I was wondering if any of it also found its way to Pa.
Yes, after a hurricane in FL,there was a shortage of drywall, and that's when the Chinese drywall started being imported.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:29 AM

5 posts, read 11,222 times
Here is the link to the CPSC website that lists by state where the Chinese Drywall has been reported. Unfortunately, there are many reasons that this is going unreported and the numbers are probably much larger then what is on the CPSC website. Many homeowners are not reporting it because they don't want their home to have that stigma, many do not want this information to be able to be accessed on the internet that their home had CDW so that it does not hold a stigma after it is "fixed". There are also thousands of homeowners that don't even know they have it in their homes yet.
U.S. CPSC: Drywall Information Center: What should I do if I think my house has problem drywall?

Here is another link that is a better estimate of homes with CDW:
Find Homes With Tainted Drywall - ProPublica

Propublica has some of the best stories about CDW. Just get on their website and search Chinese Drywall. Here is a link to one: Federal Probe of Chinese Drywall Falls Short - ProPublica

This story is far from solved. The government of the United States has NEVER in the last two years of this disaster made it illegal to bring Chinese Drywall into our country. Their answer to this is that they are checking it at the ports.

Americans should be outraged at the lack of interest in a story that has destroyed the health, homes and finances of tens of thousands of American families. China has never paid for any toxic product they have sent into our country. This has been going on for 12 years. If Chinese Drywall is ignored what will be next?!

Protect your families and stop purchasing "Made in China"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania