Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
Exactly...and this is why we have it pretty good here IN NE PA with pizza....you can get good NY style pizza, Old Forge pizza, etc etc. I like some variety....I get sick of ordering the same kind of pizza over and over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
How about the $0.50 hot dogs from Sheetz?

Ya know, you do have that free climbing gym and video arcade at the Steamtown Mall, can't beat free and the food court is fairly reasonable in cost.

Oh, someone should call CPS. I forced my kids to make Chef Boyardee Pizza and then eat it last night. I'm not sure that is cheese in those boxes.
i hope it wasn't the dreaded american cheese

Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
What are you talking pizza in Morristown? You're right, pizza is pretty much the same in Jersey because it's good and people like it. It's Jersey, not "joisey", nobody says it like that except people that don't live there.
Eh, what?

I have a ton of family in Jersey and a lot of them do speak like that. Nothing wrong with it at all. We always rib each other on who has the accent - Pennsylvanians or Jersey folks.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Top Dog....I miss that place...wish it was still around, it would be a more economical place to take the kids to play some games than Chuck E. Cheese. The hot dogs at Top Dog were actually pretty good.
Quote:
How about the $0.50 hot dogs from Sheetz?

Ya know, you do have that free climbing gym and video arcade at the Steamtown Mall, can't beat free and the food court is fairly reasonable in cost.

Oh, someone should call CPS. I forced my kids to make Chef Boyardee Pizza and then eat it last night. I'm not sure that is cheese in those boxes.
Quote:
Actually, Chuck E. Cheese probably works out better....I always get coupons in my email, which is usually a pizza, 4 drinks, and something like 75 tokens for $29.99. By the time you bought food from the food court and punped a minimum of 2 tokens into every machine in the mall arcade, you'd spend more than 30 bucks. At least CEC games are all only one token. The pizza is pretty lousy, but edible.

We like taking the kids to Climb a Lot Clubhouse in Tamaqua. Food is much better than CEC and the price is great. Not to mention, they get a lot more exercise and parents can relax while the kids run around. We love that place.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:10 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,781,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Eh, what?

I have a ton of family in Jersey and a lot of them do speak like that. Nothing wrong with it at all. We always rib each other on who has the accent - Pennsylvanians or Jersey folks.
I've never encountered anyone from Jersey that says "joisey".

Old 06-13-2011, 10:13 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,366 times
Quote:
We like taking the kids to Climb a Lot Clubhouse in Tamaqua. Food is much better than CEC and the price is great. Not to mention, they get a lot more exercise and parents can relax while the kids run around. We love that place.
This weeks code at Climb a Lot is "beach" incase you go.

Sadly, in NEPA, the closest thing we have to Climb a Lot is Chuck e Cheese.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 AM

124 posts, read 194,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I've never encountered anyone from Jersey that says "joisey".
there are lots that do. maybe you are not hearing yourself right? my friend from joisey always points out words i say that are funny to her that i never noticed before her pointing it out. and i do the same to her. it's a fun game we have

Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
This weeks code at Climb a Lot is "beach" incase you go.

Sadly, in NEPA, the closest thing we have to Climb a Lot is Chuck e Cheese.
Climb a Lot is in NEPA.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:26 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,366 times
Quote:
Climb a Lot is in NEPA.
Doubtful, since it is southwest of Jim Thorpe, which depending on who you ask is either NEPA or the Lehigh Valley.

If anything Tamaqua is central pa. NEPA it is not.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:44 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I haven't seen a Top Dog in years. Are they still in business?
There's the other Top Dog.

Top Dog - The Best Looking Sports Bar you'll ever see! (http://www.topdogcherryhill.com/grill.html - broken link)

Maybe they should rename the place Hooter Dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania