Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 03:12 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times

Advertisements

Did I ever say how much I like Mikes in Brodheadsville, just wonderful.
There is a new restaurant named Angelas and that has quite good pizza, and a great menu........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,569 times
I am very surprised that no one mentioned Tommy's Pizza in Kingston. They have absolutely great, greasy sicilian pizza. Also, Antonio's near Ollies in Edwardsville is great. The people that work there are very nice. Revello's is my personal favorite but I won't start that again.
I agree that we are very lucky here in NEPA to have such a diverse amount of food. And it's not only pizza. I have met people who didn't know what periogi's, haluski, and piggies are!!! Can you imagine?
I was recently in Colorado and could not find any good pizza, or greasy unhealthy Polish food. Not to mention that when I was in Idaho, Papa Johns was named the best pizza place in town (Idaho Falls). I would never live in a community that would vote that way. I am truly thankful.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:55 AM

414 posts, read 1,779,268 times
^^^yep.......variety and Hooray! 'piggies' (pigs-in-the blanket as stuffed cabbage, not li'l hot dogs in puffed pastry).....

Old 09-29-2007, 05:40 PM

4 posts, read 10,692 times
Old Forge style pizza is no doubt the best pizza in the country. I live in NY and every pizza I've had across the whole state is the same, it sucks. Yes it varies slightly but it all has that same sour taste. The cheese is always the same, it sucks.

I think the pizza making rejects from Italy get exiled to NY to satisfy a bunch of morons. If you've ever been to Italy and know what a real pizza with mozzarella is supposed to taste like you would understand "NY style" (which is a normal pizza you can find in any state) pizza is vile.

I can't understand why we haven't seen old forge style pizza outside of northeast PA. You'd think with a product that good it would be all over the place by now. I crave the "funny pizza" too as someone else said earlier.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:19 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
I must admit I'm a changed man. During a historic home tour last weekend, my aunt and uncle from Atlanta and I dined on pizza at "Old Forge Pizza Express" in West Pittston, and it was absolutely wonderful! I've quite honestly never had better square pizza in my life! My aunt and uncle from Atlanta said that they were savoring it because you just can't get good pizza in Georgia. For as much as NEPA residents like to put our area down, we certainly seem to have a good amount of variety in our food!

Old 09-29-2007, 09:43 PM

1,294 posts, read 3,253,167 times
old 2 Guys From Italy in Montrose and its descendant, Mastesorio's in Montrose and Tunkhannock are (were?) the greatest pizza joints ever.

The memories.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 PM

755 posts, read 2,333,323 times
Can anyone recommend good "NY Style Pizza" (just using the term to differentiate) in the Milford area? I am 10 mins from Barryville, NY also. I was told Il Castillo over there is pretty good...take out or eat in only. Haven't ventured there yet.

Old 12-05-2007, 07:02 PM

25 posts, read 91,241 times
Please !!! You don't actually think the pizzerias in Old Forge MAKE their own cheese !!
Living in NEPA most of my life, I think there are LOTS better pizza than O.F. except
maybe for Ghigarellies ( misspelled )

Old 12-05-2007, 07:10 PM

25 posts, read 91,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers 2008 View Post
I never understood the appeal of Old Forge pizza. I guess maybe because I didn't grow up in this area. I've always known pizza to come in pies with slices, not trays with cuts. And to me real pizza has mozzarella cheese on it, not American or cheddar. Old Forge pizza tastes like the pizza you had in the cafeteria in high school. It didn't taste that great but you ate it anyway because it was pizza and was served on Fridays. To me it's just not appetizing.

That pizza shop in Dickson City next to Circuit City, Basillico's has excellent pizza. The owner is from Long Island, so they know a thing or two on how to make good pizza.
Your right the pizza is great, and I hear their taking over the Firegrill
Restaurant in Clarks Summit !!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,182,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metome View Post
Please !!! You don't actually think the pizzerias in Old Forge MAKE their own cheese !!
Living in NEPA most of my life, I think there are LOTS better pizza than O.F. except
maybe for Ghigarellies ( misspelled )
Pizza is so subjective. We have been here 4 months and have eaten at about 15 pizza places and I have yet to find one I like as much as where we lived before here. But to my taste, these come close.

Neapolitan pizza:
Antonios in Edwardsville
The dough company in WB

Old Forge pizza:
Sizzle Pi in Kingston
Victory Pig in Forty Fort
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania