Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most Popular NFL Team in NEPA
NY Giants 1 3.57%
Eagles 15 53.57%
Jets 0 0%
Steelers 10 35.71%
Don't Know 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 05:26 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times

Advertisements

Hudlander, I think you perhaps don't understand the definition of bandwagon. This may help:
Bandwagon | Define Bandwagon at Dictionary.com
Quote:
band·wag·on
   [band-wag-uhn] Show IPA
–noun
a wagon, usually large and ornately decorated, for carrying a musical band while it is playing, as in a circus parade or to a political rally.
a party, cause, movement, etc., that by its mass appeal or strength readily attracts many followers: After it became apparent that the incumbent would win, everyone decided to jump on the bandwagon.
A bandwagon fan, then, is someone that chooses a team only after they start winning, which is obviously not the case for fans of the Steelers.

As other posters have pointed out, people have favorite teams for many reasons, and often it has nothing to do with how often that team wins. That's okay.

I grew up in Delaware. Obviously, there is no local team but the media coverage was generally focused on the Phillies and Eagles so those became my teams. That didn't change when we moved to NY (upstate), WV or Virginia. Thank goodness we ended up moving to Pennsylvania for good. Much easier to cheer for those teams here.

Perhaps you shouldn't have started your thread with a poll if you wanted a different answer then the one that is showing up on it.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 10:08 AM

709 posts, read 955,165 times
Hudlander doesn't know the meaning of self-respecting either. Self-respect has nothing to do with his opinion. And even someone who jumps on a band wagon can have self-respect. I've been rockin the Cowboys since Roger got out of the Navy, so I guess I jumped on the band wagon at that time.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:05 PM

331 posts, read 639,799 times
I think I've seen a majority of Steelers fans, followed closely by the Eagles. Giants/'Skins fans aren't hard to find, either.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchawg View Post
...../'Skins fans aren't hard to find, either.
Yes they are. Didn't you read upthread by the Hudster? The 'skins can not possibly have any popularity north of the mason/dixon line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania