Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 07:13 PM

232 posts, read 347,400 times

Advertisements

Following in the footsteps of the Connell Lofts, are the Lofts on Franklin.

Anyone know when it opens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,586,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
Anyone know when it opens?
I can already guess the responses you'll get:

"They'll never get built. They'll fail. Nobody wants to live in a dying city run by a college-educated mayor. Yada, yada, yada!"

They said the same about the very successful Connell Lofts, did they not? I rest my case.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:18 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,816,671 times
Where are the lofts on Franklin? The old Whistles building?

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 PM

48 posts, read 110,368 times
Next to Whistles. The place looks like sh*t last time I saw. Hopefully something will happen there and with Whistles.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:56 AM

513 posts, read 1,079,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

"They'll never get built. They'll fail. Nobody wants to live in a dying city run by a college-educated mayor. Yada, yada, yada!"

They said the same about the very successful Connell Lofts, did they not? I rest my case.
Stirring the pot. No one to argue with right now, so you're trolling?

Old 07-30-2011, 09:28 AM

48 posts, read 110,368 times
I had a couple of those Trolls when I was a kid. One was on a surfboard. I thought he was so cool.

Looked just like that,

Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

The Connell Building isn't really a success yet. I have friends that live their and HATE IT. It is nothing, but a never ending frat party after the bars close and they regret the move.

We'll see where its at in a year or two.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:16 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,079 times
These ARE going through, and will be a more upscale offering than some of the other units in the downtown.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:47 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,095,115 times
Yes but for whom? The last class of the Med school was only 600 students and they recently purchased MANY of the homes around Northeast Intermediate for housing. The med school is on its financial knees right now and is BEGGING anyone to give it an infusion of cash......

The likely scenario is that they if they cannot raise the $50,000,000 that they need in 5 years to stay running that they will be adsorbed by Da U and well we know how they feel about off campus housing for their students...

Can someone please explain the TOWNIE definition of "upscale" and "more upscale" because I find those terms being used in downtown Scranton extremely humorous.

How much "upscale" housing do we really need in a town full of section 8 scumbags and drug dealers....ROFLMAO....

STOP DRINKING THE KOOL-AID PEOPLE!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:35 PM

1,429 posts, read 3,641,079 times
Well there is a difference between them using upscale, and me using upscale. In this case consider it well designed with quality materials and excellent fit and finish.

No doubt there is a good percentage, maybe 20% or so, who are just moving from one downtown location to the next, but it is still a growing market and there is probably a bit more growth yet to be had before the need is capped.

The med school is an interesting topic, and right now there are far too many variables to guess what the future may hold, but rest assured that any of the options will drastically change the landscape of NEPA. It may wind up as one big conglomerate of Geisinger, the U, and LC. Time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania