Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:23 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoButCounty View Post
SW Colorado, the 4 corners region, Durango in particular. I was born & raised in Kingston, lived there for 37 years then moved to Pittsburgh area in 1990. Next stop will be Durango. We own 5 acres there and plan to build a home for the first time ever.

6,686' altitude, no humidity, 300+ sunny days every year. technically high desert. No more allergies for me, lots to do outside even in the cold & snow. With practically no humidity, it's comfortable year round.

Pic from my land below:
only one word needed: SWEET!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 06:51 PM

63 posts, read 88,825 times
Moved to NC. due to work. I love it. Eventually it's Southern AZ.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:07 AM

937 posts, read 2,889,515 times
Grew up in NY, (Brooklyn and Queens) moved to Central Jersey, then tried SW Florida... Came back up north to NEPA and love it. If we build a new home in the next few years, maybe would like to find property in Northern Wayne County, love being near Lake Wallenpaupack!! If not, we will look around the T-town area!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
Grew up in NY, (Brooklyn and Queens) moved to Central Jersey, then tried SW Florida... Came back up north to NEPA and love it. If we build a new home in the next few years, maybe would like to find property in Northern Wayne County, love being near Lake Wallenpaupack!! If not, we will look around the T-town area!

Most of lake Wallenpaupack is in Pike county .. Im like a 1/2 hr ride from there ,,, Im a few Min from Prompton Dam/lake .. Its much quieter . and very tranquil ..

Old 12-21-2011, 07:57 AM

937 posts, read 2,889,515 times
Wink yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Most of lake Wallenpaupack is in Pike county .. Im like a 1/2 hr ride from there ,,, Im a few Min from Prompton Dam/lake .. Its much quieter . and very tranquil ..
We were looking in Honesdale back in 2006. Love it up there. We were also looking in the Wayne part of Lake Wallenpaupack. We'll see when the time comes.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 AM

405 posts, read 1,279,446 times
In summer thru fall Velarde, NM on the banks of the Rio Grande.
Beautifull country and healing waters.
Or possibly Abique near the Ghost Ranch Museum (Georgia O'Keefe country).
Next choice would be the redwood region of No. Calif.
Winter and spring I'd head to the Fla. keys to escape the cold.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I'd move to South Carolina the outskirts of Myrtle Beach. ( Oh gosh, and I did)......
For winter warmth as it is usually 60 or 70's in the winter months. To be able to swim in the ocean at the end of March. To walk places and see flowers in January and February.
Also, it has a ton of shows in different locations, all around the area. An airport 5 minutes away.
Taxes from 5,000 to $315 ( now that is a real stunner)
Still the four seasons and a very pretty fall. So this is the place for me.
Although, I love you Pennsylvania...I still do.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM

411 posts, read 1,290,532 times
Well guess I am out of PA (but returning this week to visit the family for Christmas) but I would love to move to someplace with quick access to whitewater...so maybe Breckenridge CO, somewhere on the Russian River/American River in NOCal, western part of my state VA...say Nelson County. Heck I would love to have a house with a deck over the Lackawanna River say like that guy Jerry in Jessup. You could paddle and fish trophy trout water from your back yard.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:36 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoriesbre View Post
We were looking in Honesdale back in 2006. Love it up there. We were also looking in the Wayne part of Lake Wallenpaupack. We'll see when the time comes.

I would stay Out of the town of Honesdale , They are having real issues with the town and the "" Good Ole Boys "" who run it .... They are only in it for themselves .. The town has major issues ..Look here

Honesdale 2012 budget approved, police jobs saved-for now - Honesdale, PA - Wayne Independent

and here

Newspaper

Old 12-21-2011, 05:26 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
No place. I love it here. But I would and will buy a condo in a warmer area for two months out of the year. January and February.

That's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania