Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 PM

734 posts, read 1,636,288 times

Advertisements

Wait. There was a new post today that I wanted to reply to. Where is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 08:26 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jamaica,Queens boy View Post
Be Quiet I live here and its not bad at all except da board da only one lowering our property values is u
It's ghetto trash there, my friend does private duty in there and she fears for her safety when she goes in there. Not a good place to invest in.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:32 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Stories like this one do not help raise our impression of PCP: Police activity cleared in A Pocono Country Place | PoconoRecord.com When the public hears that a whole section was locked down and the bomb squad was called in; we tend to believe that place isn't for us. It is no wonder that the real estate prices have dropped.

I do admit that today's story is sketchy. They did not go into the details. It could be one big mistake – but I doubt it from past history. Perhaps somebody from up there can chime in and fill us in?

PCP is not making the press because of church services and Boy Scout meetings. Perhaps no news would be good news from that development.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:50 PM

WNEP said that there was a pipe bomb in a house. Something about a domestic problem and it was found in the sons room. So glad I am not there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,143,753 times
The best that could happen to the Poconos and PCP is for it to be bulldozed and given back to nature!!!!

Old 10-25-2012, 07:19 AM

Now there are 2 suspicious fires in there. Plus, I saw the father of the kid that was making the pipe bomb to use on someone he was having a problem with was under investiation for sexual crimes. He had a baby with a 15yr old when he was 19.
All I keep hearing in my head is Mr. Rogers "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" followed by hysterical laughter.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
Now there are 2 suspicious fires in there. Plus, I saw the father of the kid that was making the pipe bomb to use on someone he was having a problem with was under investiation for sexual crimes. He had a baby with a 15yr old when he was 19.
All I keep hearing in my head is Mr. Rogers "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" followed by hysterical laughter.
Three house fires in A section of PCP in one day. More news in today's PR about PCP: Three house fires in one day at A Pocono Country Place | PoconoRecord.com That is why so many in our area do not think highly of this development.

These are not good news, happy time, stories. They just enforce our beliefs that this is no place we want to live.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 AM

452 posts, read 681,958 times
When one reads the posts from "South Jamaica Queens Boys", how difficult is it to see the direction of that and other developments like it are headed. Too bad it will drag down the rest of the area with it.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J5K5LY View Post
It would be funny if it weren't so sad and scary. I agree with David Webb. Bulldoze it all and let it go back to nature.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM

I used to work with a woman that bought in PCP. This was back in the mid 90's. She always complained how much money they lost on their home back then. That was before the 2007/2008 tailspin. Most homes, in our area outside of PCP, were increasing in value at that time. Her and her husband borrowed from their retirement plans so they could move here from NJ. I don't know if they stayed or if they moved?

Most homes (everywhere) have lost big bucks since that 07/08 tailspin. Just go to that schooldigger web site and follow it to homes in your area. Then click on any home and look at the Zestimates for the last ten years.

I do know that the news out of PCP does not help the existing owners (especially if they want to sell).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania