Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
Stay off the mushrooms!!
Hee Heee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 07:20 AM

3,939 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
I have no problem with the Pocono's , I love it here .. I just dont like the lowlifes that move up here from the city and like locusts destroy a once pristine area .. People come here with their city mentality thinking they can park in the middle of the street , raise hell in the stores , Milk the welfare system , sell drugs , promote violence , and gangs . Dont work, dont keep their property in good shape . Ive seen it all... Now Not all that come from the city are like this ,, But 80% are ...
You preachin' to the choir. My wife is from NYC and I'll quote her. "I didn't want to live around these people when I was in the city. What makes you think I want to live around these people in the Poconos?!!" She cracks me up

Old 09-11-2012, 11:50 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
You preachin' to the choir. My wife is from NYC and I'll quote her. "I didn't want to live around these people when I was in the city. What makes you think I want to live around these people in the Poconos?!!" She cracks me up
A lot of us would agree with her 100%!! I also left the city back in '99 for New Jersey and then from NJ to PA in Nov. '07...but I don't live directly in the Pocono's for that same reason...it was nice when we first started coming up here in '96 but since the city garbage got suckered out here by Percudani and his cronies seems like living in the city all over again...so glad I bought down in Saylorsburg...away from all that riff-raff and city scum and sluts!!

Old 09-11-2012, 12:33 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
A lot of us would agree with her 100%!! I also left the city back in '99 for New Jersey and then from NJ to PA in Nov. '07...but I don't live directly in the Pocono's for that same reason...it was nice when we first started coming up here in '96 but since the city garbage got suckered out here by Percudani and his cronies seems like living in the city all over again...so glad I bought down in Saylorsburg...away from all that riff-raff and city scum and sluts!!

It's even worse. At least in a city you expect some grit. Plus with so many neighborhoods in NYC gentrifying, these people are being priced out of the city... so they go to the Poconos to crap all over there.

My fear is that once these trashbags prices themselves out of the eastern Poconos they'll start moving west toward me. Hopefully I will be out of here by then.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:58 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,741 times
Quote:
Sluts ... You have sluts down there ..

Old 09-11-2012, 05:40 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
I've lived in 5 regions throughout my years, (1) Northern NJ, (2) eastern Poconos (Bushkill area), (3) Wyoming Valley (PA), (4) Lehigh Valley, and now (5) central Arizona. Of those five, the only one I would never move back to is the Poconos.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:14 PM

106,574 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Harlem. and Bushwick, Brooklyn , Red Hook with out the projects .
East NY .. 73rd and 75 th pct ( In the community's )

There are a few Good places in tobyhanna to live .. BUT its your neighbors and surroundings you'll have to worry about ..

Devils Hole is still a nice place ,, Stonegate was decent ,, ( dont know about now )

Devils hole is Paradise Township though different beast ... Nice area But the good ole boys run it ..

Go 30 - 40 miles north of Tobyhanna If you wannna lay down some roots ... stay in that area if you just want a vacation place , BUT dont buy in a community ..

I was recently working down the block from the 73rd pct for about 6 months.

The area is just horrible. Its so bad i think if i remember the 73rd pct covers just 1 square mile.

Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,827,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I was recently working down the block from the 73rd pct for about 6 months.

The area is just horrible. Its so bad i think if i remember the 73rd pct covers just 1 square mile.
That's Brownsville horrible neighborhood

Old 09-17-2012, 01:28 PM

755 posts, read 2,333,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinthesky View Post
Hi.. I was also looking into a really nice house which is reasonably priced in the Pocono Farms development. I'm coming out of Brooklyn, NY. I don't mind too much that its dead over there in the winter time and the commute is not an issue since I can telecommute (work from home) pretty much every day.

I have kids though, and I'm worried about all this talk about drive by shootings and gangs and drug infested streets.. What's the story with that? Riverside4ever, I read in one of your other posts that you were a cop in NYC. Any way you can send me an email or direct message through this venue so I can perhaps talk to you directly about the area?
Pocono Farms is nice BUT it is right next to Pocono Country Place ...very bad news!! Hubby did security @ Pocono Farms and most of the trouble he had was drug dealers coming over from the other developments. I think like one of the other posters said something to the affect of it was a lot different years ago.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 PM

1,232 posts, read 1,827,313 times
So would you say C section in APCP is the ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania