Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 PM

4 posts, read 9,870 times

Advertisements

I have a family of six and currently resides in the Philippines. My husband, a registered physical therapist just arrived in Scranton using H1b visa. He's on training right now in one of the hospitals in Scranton and will be deployed in Nanticoke after 1 month. He is planning to rent a room in the meantime and we'll follow and settle there after 6 months. My kids ages 13, 11, 9 and 6 will be with me and will continue their schooling either in Nanticoke or Wilkes-Barre. I just want to ask if you could give me some ideas about houses as well as good schools in Nanticoke. Honestly, my husband and I have our apprehensions living in another place but it would be quite an adventure! My husband is a very responsible man and it would be uplifting if I can help him in my own small way using this forum. I would greatly appreciate all your inputs! Thanks you so much and God bless you.

Last edited by bhengsky; 09-16-2007 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: wrong title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 10:03 AM

96 posts, read 583,386 times
Hi, I have one you might be interested in! It's right on E. Main St in Nanticoke and it's pretty nice. Almost ready to rent, having some "light refreshments" done. New paint, new double pain windows. Gas steam heat (it kicks), 2 floors, 3 bedrooms, nice bathroom, kitchen, dining room, family room. The kitchen could use a full update, and the downstairs carpeting is a bit worn. How much are you looking to spend a month? If it's slightly above market rate in Nanticoke (which is pretty low) it could have an all new kitchen and all new carpeting downstairs. $700 a month would do it for me, new carpets and kitchen. I am pretty flexible, so you would have a say in what you would be getting as far as that goes.

Nanticoke is an interesting place. It might not be what you are expecting, but have a look around the area before you make any decisions. My place is great because you can walk everywhere. groceries are a 1/2 mile away, pharmacy is across the street, and plenty of other things at nearby broadway and main streets so you don't need a car.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:00 AM

Thanks DeLorean! I hope that property of yours will still be available when we get there. My husband though needs a room for a while. I've seen you've taken a lot pictures of Nanticoke and I can't thank you enough for giving me a bird's eye view of the place. Do you have any ideas on the schools there? Luv the pictures!

Old 09-20-2007, 06:36 PM

96 posts, read 583,386 times
thanks for the compliments. The schools form what I hear from people are not the best in the area, but for a public school are not terrible. I have NO first hand experience, only second hand hearing what parents have to say. It's not all negative, but not all positive either. maybe someone with more first hand info could chime in.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 AM

Hi! Can you email me directly your tel no. my husband will be scouting for a house next month he can call you and visit your place as well. We are not yet decided if he'll going to rent a 1 bedroom house in the meantime or rent a 3 bedroom house right away and prepare the house ahead of time before we arrive in 6 mos time.

You can email me at this ad: bhengmanangan@yahoo.com

Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania