Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:38 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,554,237 times

Advertisements

Greentown,

Until you have been a VICTIM of MALPRACTICE you don't have any idea what it feels like to have your life ruined, go through 2 plus operations and miss out on much. Unfortunately, the doctor that injured me came from Staten Island and she should have had her license revoked. She must have come up to this area, because NY would not put up with her! Imagine 3 lawsuits in only 3 years as a doctor. There is another doctor husband wife team that had their medical license revoked in NJ and now practice here in PA. So, all I am saying is that make sure you know who you are dealing with. I rather travel and be safe than to have to live the life I am living. By the way, I forgot to mention that a pedetrician here in Milford said my daughter needed a hernia operation but when I took her to Maria Ferari's children's hospital in Westchester.....that was not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 06:39 AM

And one more thing GREENTOWN, until you have walked in someone's else shoes, you do not have any right to comment! I am glad you are happy with the doctors and if you notice the thread was asking about the doctors in the Milford area.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:28 AM

910 posts, read 2,992,889 times
Sorry, I really didnt mean to start any kind of debate here was just looing for some help
As for those of us who drive miles and miles for doctors, it's for good reasons. Both of my sons, myself, my husband, and myself have had personal, terrible experiences with drs around here. When it happens once in a while it would be one thing, but to have it happen with every dr every time you lose faith in their capabilities, and I for one am not willing to take health risks for incompetence. If you've had good luck around here more power to you. I'll drive.....

Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconosmama View Post
Sorry, I really didnt mean to start any kind of debate here was just looing for some help
As for those of us who drive miles and miles for doctors, it's for good reasons. Both of my sons, myself, my husband, and myself have had personal, terrible experiences with drs around here. When it happens once in a while it would be one thing, but to have it happen with every dr every time you lose faith in their capabilities, and I for one am not willing to take health risks for incompetence. If you've had good luck around here more power to you. I'll drive.....
Poconosmama, you did not start a debate. I can not tell you about the countless people that have had serious problems in the area that I live and just accept it. We have a doctor here in Milford that we like and use for simple things. Imagine the shock after we recently did depositons and I found out that this OB hurt over 50 women???? There is no excuse for that! My daughter got the chicken pox and the pedetricain wanted to know what the purpose was to bring her it? Imagine me, arguing with her telling her that she is the doctor not me!! Most people travel back to NJ/NJ for the serious things and I can understand. You don't get a second chance.....I didn't.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:33 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,833 times
It can be so hard to trust docs, especially when you're new to the area. I recommend looking on the State Licensing Board website - on the left you can research disciplinary actions against medical professionals, and they are classified by county.

BPOA: Mission Statement

Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 AM

Karen,

Good information that you provided. Also there is healthgrades.com It cost to get info about the doctors but I was told the hospital information on the web site is free. Also, very important: if victims of malpractice settle out of court normally the doctor pays out but does not admit to any wrong doing. There is also the National Practictioner's Database Bank that gives information on the doctors as well. Most of them pay out money and if they are really bad just go on to practice in another state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania