Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM

92 posts, read 298,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentown View Post
Good Luck! I'm sure you'll be out walking that pup at 3 am really soon!
Fat chance, baby! I work nights! ROTFALMAO
Seriously, I can't wait. We're saving some old shoes and things for him to teethe on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:00 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Isn't it a shame that you have to jump through hoops to adopt a dog through the pound with a thorough background check but they will let any 14 yr old walk out the hospital doors with a new born HUMAN baby - no questions asked. What is this world coming to??

OK, I also have to add my 2 cents about MollyMe's post....I have a dog that was rescued from the pound, she is a mutt...and you could NEVER find a better dog. No purebred could mtch her temperment, personality and loyalty.

TCwest...I have a friend who is a dog trainer and also breeds her own dogs. As a hobby, she rescues pregnant dogs from pounds. She rescued my dog from a pound in Virginia, had her sent by bus, and once in her home, she takes care of them unitl they deleiver their litter, she then places all the puppies when they are weaned and gives the Mom away free. The only reason why she charges for puppies is to cover the cost of shots and worming that she has spent on them. When I went to look at the puppies, I ended up coming home with the Mom whose temeprment was already apparant and she was already housebroken, and still only 2 yrs old. She has been the BEST dog anyone could ever ask for.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 PM

92 posts, read 298,450 times
Let me wiggle out of making any further comment on MollyMe. I bear no grudge.
I can appreciate why the shelters charge, and why they gather the information.
I'm just hoping that I can find a pup this other way first. If not, it's off to the shelter I go. I think a family with a surprise litter is every bit as desperate to find homes for the pups as a shelter would be; maybe even more so, not having the kennels and resources a shelter does.
I'm hoping to be seen as less a cretin and more a samaritan here.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:30 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Yes, you are a samaritan............and I am hoping you find the right dog for you.
Sounds like you are a very, very hard worker for your family.
It also is so heartfelt to hear how much you want to find this pup for your daughter.
Right now, if I knew of one, I'd send you a picture and drive it to your home. .........
When I think of all the little guys out there just looking for a family........I get sad.
I can't wait for you to meet up with this dog...........
Then I hope you post us a picture so we all can see the lucky choosen one!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:09 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,480 times
Wow!! You'll keep talking about me. HAHAHA
TCWEST didn't want to go the Dog pound route -he didn't want to pay any dog for as he said it's a "used dog". So I thought of all the "FREE PUPPIES" signs that I've seen and only Rottie Mix are the free signs that I can recall.

I have spent money on my great dogs!! Worth every penny.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:58 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,643 times
I don't think any dog is guaranteed to be good tempered. There are plenty of nasty cocker spaniels and sweet, gentle Rotties. It's all in the training and socialization provided by the owner (or lack of). Whether you spend your money on a purebred or a pound puppy, you still need to make sure the dog is trained and disciplined. All the breeding in the world won't counteract an irresponsible owner. Just my opinion.

tcwest: You may not want to give your puppy shoes to chew on. Sometimes they think that any shoes that they find in the house are then OK to chew on. Unfortunately, my kids learned the hard way to make sure all of their stuffed animals and shoes were put away in a safe place. For some reason, our dog had a passion for chewing the eyes and noses out of any stuffed animals he got his paws on. Thankfully, he did outgrow that!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:00 AM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Wow!! You'll keep talking about me. HAHAHA
TCWEST didn't want to go the Dog pound route -he didn't want to pay any dog for as he said it's a "used dog". So I thought of all the "FREE PUPPIES" signs that I've seen and only Rottie Mix are the free signs that I can recall.

I have spent money on my great dogs!! Worth every penny.
It keeps coming up because it sounds so ludicrous to think you have to spend money to get a good dog! Absolutely not true!

And tcwest...good luck on the search. Dont take all the comments of people posting here about their wonderful dogs from the pound as a knock on you. You are a GREAT samaritan. I think all the posts are because of Mollyme's comment. We all want to let her know that wondeful dogs can be had without paying for them.
now...if only we could have paid a price for our spouses, imagine how great they would be! Divorce rates would surely go down!

Old 10-01-2007, 07:38 AM

996 posts, read 3,278,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
now...if only we could have paid a price for our spouses, imagine how great they would be! Divorce rates would surely go down!
As I said before, it's all in the training!

Old 10-01-2007, 09:27 AM

I keep finding myself on Dogster now trying to find TCW a pup.........
Going Ohhhh and Ahhhhhh.........
But, for the life of me I know I can't pick it out..........
There must be one just sitting, waiting for TCW to come along.......
I think its time for a personal day for TCWEST so he can go and get one.
How many votes do we have for "one personal day" .........time off .........
I think its for a very good cause.
to go find this fellow. I 'm reading they have 300,000+ dogs.......waiting, just waiting.
About 364 added dogs yesterday..........( a bit sad for me to think about)

Old 10-01-2007, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I keep finding myself on Dogster now trying to find TCW a pup.........
Going Ohhhh and Ahhhhhh.........
But, for the life of me I know I can't pick it out..........
There must be one just sitting, waiting for TCW to come along.......
I think its time for a personal day for TCWEST so he can go and get one.
How many votes do we have for "one personal day" .........time off .........
I think its for a very good cause.
to go find this fellow. I 'm reading they have 300,000+ dogs.......waiting, just waiting.
About 364 added dogs yesterday..........( a bit sad for me to think about)
Just happen think of a great pet store with really not all that bad of prices.
We got a Jack Russel and a **** zu from the Wyoming Valley Mall Pet Store.
Both are fantastic dogs. The JR is a happy go lucky little guy......always kissing whoever enters. Happy to run, or curl up in your lap. The **** zu is such a sweetie.....the best......everyone loves her to death. Each one of my daughters has a pet from there. Just came to mind and I thought you might be interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania