Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:04 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenReject View Post
I know they do wood carvings at Knobels. Last year they had a long table made from a huge tree with a bear carving standing at the end of it. i wanted it so bad because it looks like you can play beer pong with the bear =P
Yes they have them at Knoebel's. I like this art. kind of rustic and interesting. Very PA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 02:07 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopsign View Post
HENNINGBEAR.COM

My cousin does some great work and is a few miles from the Pocono Raceway... Check out his work! Reasonable prices too! He does custom work on request too!
He does some nice work! Does he do Gnomes or Gargoyles or only bears?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:57 AM

15 posts, read 41,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post

Typically bears but I know he has done others.... stop by and give him a call.... tell him his cousin Mike sent you!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:03 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
The one I pointed out on 940 does porpoises and eagles as well as bears. We liked those a little better than their bears. We are hard to please because we're locals and know what the real thing looks like! However; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,371 times
I do chainsaw carvings in Maine, check out my website [url=http://www.joshturnerchainsawarts.com]Josh Turner Chainsaw Arts[/url] or on facebook josh turners chainsaw wood art and fire shows.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopsign View Post
HENNINGBEAR.COM

My cousin does some great work and is a few miles from the Pocono Raceway... Check out his work! Reasonable prices too! He does custom work on request too!
is that Jim Howley?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
We are looking for Peek a Boo bear. We saw a carver at the Auobon show in Hawley in July 2014. Does anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-06-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't think that one is still there. It was right around the corner from me in Swiftwater – right before Sanofi. The one on Route 940 I just saw this last week. He is pretty active and has a good collection. So far; I don't think anybody else has come up with one closer to the OP.
Fisheye, is that Jim Hawley?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:32 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Fisheye, is that Jim Hawley?
I don't know what his name is? He is still there. If he carved ducks we would know! My wife is always looking for a good duck or chicken.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I don't know what his name is? He is still there. If he carved ducks we would know! My wife is always looking for a good duck or chicken.
well, he used to raise bloodhounds and was a member of the search and rescue team. His wife was a member to....matter of fact, he birthed their first child. Anyway, he and his wife were wonderful people and he used to do chainsaw carvings. He was a mechanic....when I last spoke with him, he was training one of his bloodhounds to hunt for bodies in water. He was always called during hunting season, b/c inevidably, as you know, a hunter would be lost....so he'd take the bloodhounds out.

If you ever hear of him, please let me know...used to work with him.

He did the most beautiful chain saw carvings....one of my neighbors to my surprise, had two of his bears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania