Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:05 AM

3 posts, read 11,228 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone...I'm about to close shortly on a house located in Price Township, and unlike towns such as Barrett, East Stroudsburg, Middle Smithfield, etc. I'm having a hard time finding anything regarding the town. No web site, I can't find the Municipal building (address I found was on Barren Road). Only thing I could find is a zoning ordinance file from 2003.

Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:41 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobd400 View Post
Hello Everyone...I'm about to close shortly on a house located in Price Township, and unlike towns such as Barrett, East Stroudsburg, Middle Smithfield, etc. I'm having a hard time finding anything regarding the town. No web site, I can't find the Municipal building (address I found was on Barren Road). Only thing I could find is a zoning ordinance file from 2003.

Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks

Price Township Municipal Building
10 Barren Road
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
(570)421-2497

They don't seem to have a website.

Monroe County

Old 08-10-2012, 12:50 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
If you Google Earth that location you will see that it is up by Wooddale. It looks like their municipal building and highway maintenance building on the same property. Good luck with your new property. Where did you buy – up Snow Hill Road?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM

Ahhhh...it must be pretty well hidden by the Highway Maintenance building because I did find that...I'll have to look again...

Yes, up in that area by Snow hill Road. Trying to get a feel for the area again (lived in Middle Smithfield for a short time about 20 years ago...right off of Wooddale)

Thanks folks!

Old 08-10-2012, 02:51 PM

You have access to some good State Game Lands by where you are moving. If you are into the outside sports or hiking; you should love your new location.

You might want to check and see if they have repaired the one bridge on Snow Hill Road. It was in the paper that the one bridge was in bad shape and would eventually be replaced. Hopefully that will not be a major inconvenience – if they have not worked on it. Maybe they already did the work – I have not been over there for some time.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:18 PM

109 posts, read 162,922 times
We moved to Price 3 months ago and love it so far. Like fisheye said if you love outdoors you're in the right spot, Delaware State Forest is right there with many trails and logging roads to explore (PA*DCNR*-*Delaware) they also have good detailed maps.
Municipal building is on Barren Rd. if you go south on Schoolhouse Rd. make a left on Barren and it's a first building on your right, super tiny looks like little cabin lady that works there is really nice and helpful. There's no real town so the closest deli or any store for you would be in Mountainhome just go north on 447 and of course any other shopping is in Stroudsburg area.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:25 AM

Hi Folks...yep...love the outdoors...I did already check out the Delaware State forest up that way...and I saw the State Gamelands 221 right nearby. Looking forward to get out that way.

Not sure about the bridge....there is one that looks a bit old in the area,.. maybe that's the one. Worse case scenario I'll deal with it.

Yes, I think I recall that building...honestly didn't think that was it. I'll check it out. Already did some exploring up that way (my best buddy is up in New Foundland so I'm up that way pretty much every weekend).

Really love the area....hope to be moved in during the next few weeks! Only negative I can see is where I am there's a lot of rocks and boulders and we know how much rattlers love that! But, hey, it's nature!

If there's any other "area specific" information, suggestions, etc. you can offer, it of course would be appreciated.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 PM

2 posts, read 5,655 times
Default Do not move to price !

This is a story of a family that lost everything due to blank, blank, blank township officers that think they are GOD.
I took this from the family's facebook page. I hate power hungry elected and appointed people riding roughshod over the nice people in the Poconos. I take full responsibility for copying this from facebook to this site.

Selena Mills
September 3 at 9:28am · Edited ·
Well-meaning friends,

I understand that you're trying to express empathy and concern and compassion, but stop asking how I'm doing. I've lost my business, years of hard labor, pets, and my faith in truth and justice and honesty. I've lost thousands of dollars we didn't have with no chance of return. The debt we accrued building the business will take our family (which has very little) years to recover from, and set us back years further in our goals. Our children have lost t...heir pets, their family, they are devastated, they are crushed, and that is a pain I failed to protect them from. A pain, as their mother, I cannot take away, and I feel sick. I am sad and frustrated and depressed and angry. I feel betrayed.

How am I doing? Not well. This is an incredibly tough time for our family. Every time one of our 4, sweet, innocent children bursts into tears, a part of me breaks. I called. I applied for permits. I had inspections. I did research, I didn't take shortcuts... With the one exception of not getting our conversations in writing. I trusted the integrity of people who should never be in charge of a pile of garbage. I made the mistake of taking people at their word.

And now, the part of me that Jesse spent years rebuilding... the part of me that believed in the innate goodness in my fellow man... that part has been ripped away. Again. So while I reconcile this, don't ask how I'm doing. I know you're trying to help, but it doesn't help. I need some time, I don't know how much. Just... time.

Last edited by dougie2; 09-05-2014 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: spacing

Old 09-06-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougie2 View Post
This is a story of a family that lost everything due to blank, blank, blank township officers that think they are GOD.
I took this from the family's facebook page. I hate power hungry elected and appointed people riding roughshod over the nice people in the Poconos. I take full responsibility for copying this from facebook to this site.
Her Facebook page tells us very little. We have no idea if the township officers acted in the best interest of all residents? How many acres did they own? How many animals did they have on those acres? How close were the nearest neighbors? Was this land zoned for agriculture or did it need a variance? What provisions were made for runoff?

I am not taking sides - you simply did not give enough information for us to side with or against this case.

Homes are major investments. Many residents, living in residential neighborhoods, have thought up ways to make money from their home. Supposedly that is where zoning comes in to either approve or disapprove that venture. We charge them with trying to act in the best interest of all residents - while following State rules and regulations. They can never keep everybody happy. Just give us more information.

Old 09-20-2014, 07:56 AM

2 posts, read 5,655 times
Default To Fisheye

I believe she outlined the entire process and all the hoops she had to jump through and all the research she
did beforehand. This type of government action is not the least bit surprising. It happens all the time. I have personally seen it too many times myself. If you have any power to help her out, I suggest you private message her on Facebook. It's also public record if you wish to check into that yourself.
To quote her....." I called. I applied for permits. I had inspections. I did research, I didn't take shortcuts... With the one exception of not getting our conversations in writing. I trusted the integrity of people who should never be in charge of a pile of garbage."
Doug Ashe
Former resident of Marshalls Creek/Middle Smithfield/East Stroudsburg Pa.

Last edited by dougie2; 09-20-2014 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: added to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania