Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2012, 05:44 PM

63 posts, read 88,786 times

Advertisements

Good luck and God bless. I have lived through what they are going through. The feeling of helplessness against monsters. And the they are monsters, the wankers who say it's just a fight, FU. I wish you the best. But remember never to mix amonia and chlorine when cleaning your new home. Don't ever do that.

Old 08-30-2012, 05:51 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Thank you for providing the comparison, but when it comes to assualts, if a PO has to witness it in WB how accurate is that number?
Good Point!!!

Old 08-30-2012, 06:09 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Oh no problem Bloom! You are a doll!

We want to use our porch, take walks with our dogs and let our teenagers come and go as they please within reason of course.

We can't do that here. I can't tend my garden or go for a walk. Our gazebo in the back yard is no longer used.

We made the house pretty and for that, they hate us.
Sheena so sorry for you and Warren to have had to go through this. I guess everyone was trying hard to figure out what you can do. But........What can you do?
If the town isn't on top of it and ready willing and able to end the situation, it will stay the same and even perhaps get worse.
Some have surprised me with their strong words and statements. I guess we all deal with issues differently. I know I'd be scared enough to have some protection, thats only a natural feeling.
But, I do hope you will have that chance to move from the location for your peace of mind and enjoyment of your space.
I don't know what blind eye the city feels is good for its future. But, it hardly will have a future when good citizens have to move out.
My thoughts are with you and your family...

Old 08-30-2012, 07:07 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,798,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
It appears as if Sheena has just purchased a home in a suburb of Youngstown, OH. Best of luck to you, pretty lady! I wish you were moving here to Pittsburgh, though! I think you'd like it here much more than Youngstown!
I totally agree. As a newcomer to Pittsburgh, I cannot say enough great things about it.

Wherever you are, I hope you and your family can feel safe and secure in your own home.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:23 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Warren,

I wish you the best if you have moved to Ohio. I hope that you rented first so that they can check out the neighborhood.

Of course; the problem is still here. The house was not packed up and moved. We will probably not find out what happened to the perpetrators next door? A realtor will be quick to pass off the problem on another unsuspecting buyer. Perhaps the new owners will not use the internet to highlight their problems?

I do hope that some of the comments captured the ears of the city leaders. I don't think that this is what any city wants to be known for.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,815,234 times
From Wilkes-Barre to YOUNGSTOWN?? I know W-B is far from perfect, but unlike Youngstown, it is not typically mentioned in the same breath as Camden and Detroit. If it was just a safer suburban location they wanted, could have just hopped over the river and bought a house in Forty Fort or Kingston or Dallas. Oh well, I hope they find whatever it is they're looking for.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:01 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,766,426 times
Default Call the vfw, call the cops

...CALL THE FBI AND THE STATE.....ASK AROUND FOR HELP IN YOUR TOWN. CALL STATE COPS AND

COUNTY cops, Call the news papers, GET plate numbers, take in stray dogs and treat them well but don't let outsiders deal with them. JOIN GROUPS ASK AROUND, FIND VETS,

Old 08-31-2012, 08:19 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,094,204 times
Obviously any post that questions the validity of this story is being deleted....

It is ON TOPIC to question whether or not any of this is true.

It doesn't add up at all, no matter which way you spin it.

The court hearing dates, attorneys, suddenly moving to OH while preparing for a NEPA halloween, it doesn't add up.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-31-2012 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: removed mod comment

Old 08-31-2012, 09:04 AM

2,744 posts, read 4,231,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
From Wilkes-Barre to YOUNGSTOWN?? I know W-B is far from perfect, but unlike Youngstown, it is not typically mentioned in the same breath as Camden and Detroit. If it was just a safer suburban location they wanted, could have just hopped over the river and bought a house in Forty Fort or Kingston or Dallas. Oh well, I hope they find whatever it is they're looking for.
We are still looking in NEPA but owner financed/land contracts are almost non-existent here. In Warren, which is a suburb of Youngstown they are much more creative with financing and it would be easier to buy a home there- plus we would be closer to our son.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
We are still looking in NEPA but owner financed/land contracts are almost non-existent here. In Warren, which is a suburb of Youngstown they are much more creative with financing and it would be easier to buy a home there- plus we would be closer to our son.
Just be careful. You don't want to be go from the frying pan to the fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania