Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 03:59 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegal111 View Post
Not necessarily. While certainly Sheena and Warren are not poor they are by no means wealthy. If they were living in a mansion, had wealthy means which were known to the police or came from a family of social means the PD would have responded differently.

As to you comment that this was a fight which Warren started....you are wrong. It was an assault and Warren did nothing to precipitate it.
Exactly Shoegal. Had the call originated in Barney Farms, where the Mayor lives, the respnce would have been swift - and honestly, it wouldn't have happened at all.

It is more of a class issue than a race issue.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:18 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
A few weeks earlier one of them was scarping the bark off a tree in front our home - a beautiful old tree that gives us shade and a bit of privacy. My husband asked this man to stop doing this because it would destroy the tree.

He told DH to stick the "effin tree" up his "effin azz". He then picked up a rock began slamming it on the ground. Mindless distruction. All the time.

Another night they were up to 3 in the AM in the abandoned house next door. There are indigent people who have broken into the house and have been "partying" boozing, drugging and sexing - (we hear it all) with the fools from our block.

We called the city and the nuisance house was boarded up. They were not happy about this. Not at all.

Last night they blamed me. For everything. I was leaving the house to pick up my daughter and women from the stoop across the street at me. Yelling at me for calling "the cops" (my husband called the city_, and telling me that I was a "white hoe, "beetathc
" etc. and inexplicably that I was "gonna lose yo man"(???) and be alone. The degree of misogyny is insane. It's like living in a rap song here.

My husband heard it and he told them to "shut up or he would call the cops." That's all he said.

A second later a man - the tree and machete man - came running down the street and called my husband a white azzhole.
DH said "whatever" and turned to go back into the house. They asked if he wanted to fight and DH said "no I don't get off my porch". He attempted to turn and to usher me back in. I think he came from the side the first blow did.

Then he started punching. I was screaming and my son called 911. He spit at his and kicked him. And another of his friends - the perpetrator -arrived. He would have joined in , but the police got there.

They dispersed. Into the apartment building and towards North Main.

I think the woman might have called the first one on their cell phone. I think they just wanted some action.

It was all so fast. I am sure we made mistakes. I don't care to hear about them. But we are human. My husband protected me. He yelled back.

He told the guy to quit killing a tree, and we had the abandoned hose shut down.

We acted reasonably - they did not.

People with nothing to lose are very scary.
I don't see anything at all that Warren did to provoke them. Everything was a response to something evil that THEY said or did.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 09-02-2012 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: removed comment asking for a comment from a poster that I do not want to hear from.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:15 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Warren was not just assaulted, he shot his mouth off to the thugs and they responed. All be it with violence, BUT if he had just kept his mouth shut, NONE of this would have happened.

It was a FIGHT, nothing more. A fight that was started by the victim.

I bet he'll think twice about mouthing off again to strangers or troublesome neighbors in the future.
I'm right with you. He should have let the neighbors continue to trespass upon and destroy their property. If only he'd done that, no doubt they'd all be getting along marvelously!

Seriously, just stop posting already.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:18 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Exactly Shoegal. Had the call originated in Barney Farms, where the Mayor lives, the respnce would have been swift - and honestly, it wouldn't have happened at all.

It is more of a class issue than a race issue.
Sheena, Warren,

I'm glad that you did not move out to Ohio (so far). I heard that the new series “The Neighbors” is based on a true story about Warren Ohio: http://www.hulu.com/watch/360699

I do like Ohio. I like their roadwork. They have spent a fortune on upgrading their infrastructure and they work and plan smart (a lot smarter than we do in PA).

No matter where you move it would be wise to rent and take a good look before you buy. If I was going to buy land I would check it out when we had flooding or a torrential downpour – I would want to see how flooded my potential new property gets. There is no perfect system to check out neighborhoods – times change and your next door neighbors change. But you don't want to buy into an existing problem.

Good luck again.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:29 AM

By the way; my link in my last post went to the wrong place. It went to the program Grimn and a Big Foot episode – which would have worked. However; I wanted you to see the preview for The Neighbors: Watch The Neighbors: The Weavers Wanted a Change! online | Free | Hulu

Old 09-03-2012, 02:44 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
By the way; my link in my last post went to the wrong place. It went to the program Grimn and a Big Foot episode – which would have worked. However; I wanted you to see the preview for The Neighbors: Watch The Neighbors: The Weavers Wanted a Change! online | Free | Hulu
I figured that the Big Foot episode was the wrong one. I wanted to watch The neighbors preview but gave up on the seventh trailer.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I figured that the Big Foot episode was the wrong one. I wanted to watch The neighbors preview but gave up on the seventh trailer.
'The Neighbors” looks like a cute sci-fi comedy. Unlike what Sheena and Warren are going through. I don't know how I got the wrong link in that first post? Maybe Big Foot made me do it?

Old 09-03-2012, 06:36 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,656,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
'The Neighbors” looks like a cute sci-fi comedy. Unlike what Sheena and Warren are going through. I don't know how I got the wrong link in that first post? Maybe Big Foot made me do it?
You made me laugh at that one.....Lucky you checked it out.

I have not heard good things about that area of Ohio either, so I was a bit frightened of that move.

Looks like we might have coyotes to deal with in my neighborhood. Wonder which issue is worse?

Both are destructive, harmful, and not easy to deal with. Both will take time to vacate our areas....

Old 09-03-2012, 07:16 PM

27 posts, read 42,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toobusytoday View Post
A fist fight?? A fist fight is when two people fight each other. An assault, on the other hand, is when one person attacks another. In my world if someone says something that you don't like, and you say something back, the next action would not be to be hit so hard that it would send you to the hospital. Objecting to someone calling your wife names should not be considered, "starting a fight".
Remove, off topic

Old 09-03-2012, 08:27 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
You made me laugh at that one.....Lucky you checked it out.

I have not heard good things about that area of Ohio either, so I was a bit frightened of that move.

Looks like we might have coyotes to deal with in my neighborhood. Wonder which issue is worse?

Both are destructive, harmful, and not easy to deal with. Both will take time to vacate our areas....
I'm not sure why you think that coyote are destructive and dangerous. Squirrel and raccoon do more damage. I'd much rather live with coyote than Sheena and Warren's neighbors.

Last edited by Gerania; 09-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania