Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 01:41 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I'd hardly call what they are doing "cutting and running." You don't like Scranton because it isn't what you are used to. She is trying to leave Wilkes-Barre because she is in a dangerous situation. Big difference.

As far as the judgmental part, there are some really rotten, nasty posters on here who do nothing BUT judge, and yet you seem to have no problem with them or the things they say. These people have been riding Sheena the whole time: accusing her of making up a story, following her around City-Data collecting clues that they can solve with the decoder ring they found in their box of Crazy Flakes, saying that her husband DESERVED to be beaten up, and yet you don't seem to have a problem with any of that. It's only when it offends YOU that it matters, right??
I do have a problem with what has been said by these posters and said so privately to Sheena. I thought she had them on ignore. I have stuck up for both Sheena and her husband in several posts. I do not respond to posts that appear to be anything more than axe grinding from one person against another. Those type of posts do nothing to enhance a conversation and truly when they are as outlandish as calling someone a liar, what would be the point? Yes what they are doing is cutting and running, you cut your losses and run from a bad situation, which I have encoraged them to do from the begining. Sorry if you seem so bothered by what I am offended by. I thought this was a message board where people could respectfully voice their opinion. I am not sure why you seem so annoyed, Sheena and I have been "talking" for a few years here and hail from the same area, it does not mean I have to agree with everything she posts. I still can not see why you find it so out of line for me to feel offended that calling people who choose to stay in an area that did not meet their expectations irresponsible?

Old 09-16-2012, 02:09 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
I do have a problem with what has been said by these posters and said so privately to Sheena. I thought she had them on ignore. I have stuck up for both Sheena and her husband in several posts. I do not respond to posts that appear to be anything more than axe grinding from one person against another. Those type of posts do nothing to enhance a conversation and truly when they are as outlandish as calling someone a liar, what would be the point? Yes what they are doing is cutting and running, you cut your losses and run from a bad situation, which I have encoraged them to do from the begining. Sorry if you seem so bothered by what I am offended by. I thought this was a message board where people could respectfully voice their opinion. I am not sure why you seem so annoyed, Sheena and I have been "talking" for a few years here and hail from the same area, it does not mean I have to agree with everything she posts. I still can not see why you find it so out of line for me to feel offended that calling people who choose to stay in an area that did not meet their expectations irresponsible?
I'm not bothered by what you are offended by, and I am glad that you have talked to Sheena about this privately. My apologies. I felt that you were calling her out to the carpet the way that others have, which I feel has been completely unfair. But it wasn't right for me to call you out on the carpet either, and for that I apologize.

TBH, I'm frustrated and sickened by what this message board has become. I know I've only been a member since 2010 and haven't posted often, but I have been reading the board for much longer than that. Once upon a time you are correct: people were able to respectfully voice their opinion and share ideas. Unfortunately lately it seems that posts always take a negative bent and it's always the same members who point the post in that direction. I couldn't even post about the Bloomsburg Fair without receiving responses and PMs that had to be reported because they were so downright crude and nasty. It's frustrating to me because it's just a message board and it should be fun; instead it's become a forum for some very angry people to work through their psychological issues. However, I should not have taken any of this out on you. You didn't deserve my backlash, and I do sincerely apologize.

Last edited by MatildaLoo; 09-16-2012 at 02:17 PM..

Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I'm not bothered by what you are offended by, and I am glad that you have talked to Sheena about this privately. My apologies. I felt that you were calling her out to the carpet the way that others have, which I feel has been completely unfair. But it wasn't right for me to call you out on the carpet either, and for that I apologize.

TBH, I'm frustrated and sickened by what this message board has become. I know I've only been a member since 2010 and haven't posted often, but I have been reading the board for much longer than that. Once upon a time you are correct: people were able to respectfully voice their opinion and share ideas. Unfortunately lately it seems that posts always take a negative bent and it's always the same members who point the post in that direction. I couldn't even post about the Bloomsburg Fair without receiving responses and PMs that had to be reported because they were so downright crude and nasty. It's frustrating to me because it's just a message board and it should be fun; instead it's become a forum for some very angry people to work through their psychological issues. However, I should not have taken any of this out on you. You didn't deserve my backlash, and I do sincerely apologize.
Thank you.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:26 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Thank you.
You're welcome. You've always been nice and I was out of line.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:49 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Sorry Sheena, but this thread is no longer productive. Please start a new thread if you'd like to update us on your news.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania