U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2012, 06:01 PM

10 posts, read 45,174 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give the pros and cons of each: Eagle lake, Trails end, and lake adventure?
I know they are RV resort types and I have been on their websites. Anyone owning there that has any info
would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 08:30 AM

1 posts, read 4,295 times
Hello
I have a place in Trails End. We have had it since 1974. We spent every summer and weekends when we could from Bklyn. We have since moved up here. I don't know much about the others. I have been to Lake Adventure for a swim meet. I can say for the dues you get alot at TE. They improve something every year. A good thing to do is go on the website and read the minutes. You can see everything that is in the works. They have live entertainment every Friday and Saturday in the clubhouse which has a bar and concession run by Ryans Deli. The pools are great too. There are many people that have been there for as long as we have. We are actually selling our lot and trailer. We live here now and my mom recently passed away.
Anyway I think you will enjoy it there. If you have kids or grandkids there is alot to do. There are problems here and there and it is usually guests of property owners. The minutes will also let you know of any violations grievances etc.
Hope this helps!

Old 08-28-2012, 08:17 PM

810 posts, read 1,302,076 times
Not of any help now, but my family owned an RV there back in the late 70's. Some of my best memories are of the time spent there at Trails End. I often wondered what it is like there now.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM

19 posts, read 35,972 times
Default Info on Lake Adventure

I had the same question because I would like to buy a lot in a camping community. So far I checked out 2 communities:

1) Lake Adventure-Dingman's Ferry
I was given a very nice tour of the available lots by the on-site real-estate office. I liked the club-house, pool and hiking trails. I think the lake is not as big as the one in Trail's End. I visited in the peak season (2012) and it didn't seem like it was very crowded. One plus about Lake Adventure is that it is a year-round community. I heard that Eagle Lake and Trail's End are 3-season (Please correct me if I am wrong). Both Trail's End and Lake Adventure are located in a beautiful wooded setting.

Lake Adventure lots seemed to all be about $7,000, then there is a capital improvement fee for new members, and a closing fee in addition to membership fees of over a thousand. So you will need another 2,000 more or less. The office was very upfront with me about the fact that their sewer/ infrastructure is in the process of being upgraded. Overall, I think the extra money is worth it because you can use it anytime of the year. Plus they have everything you need-a store, laundry, bathhouse.

2) Tall Timbers, Vernon, NJ
I also visited this community and was also favorably impressed. Gorgeous mountain setting on a small lake less than 1 hour from NYC. The people were very friendly and had been owners there for decades. It is a 3-season camping resort. Of these two, Tall Timbers had more of a residential feel-with landscaped gardens etc. It has several "neighborhoods" each with their own dues and feel-some parts are more crowded, and others more spread out. Prices are about the same as Lake Adventure.

3) Trails End-I can't comment on it because I haven't had time to visit. I think you need to contact the Re-max office on-site to get a tour. The lots start at 3,000 but most are about 6,000. I would like to know more about this community and if any lots are for sale by owner. I have heard it is well-managed and really nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>