Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2012, 06:27 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times

Advertisements

On our TV programs and apparently around the country they have all kinds of events to squash punkins. Some of these involve mid-evil weaponry such as catapults and trebuchets. Some contest use long, modern, air cannons to fire punkins great distances. There are also other events just aimed at making punkins explode from being hit by high powered weapons.

My question is if we have any of these events locally? Also; what is Riverside doing with his punkins!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2012, 06:53 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,100,890 times
I know Roba's outside of Clarks Summit had a event one year that you could take your old pumpkin and launch it out. I think they have a trebuchet to do it. Not sure if it is an annual event.

Roba Family Farms - Dalton, PA

Of course if you want to go to the real Punkin Chunkin event, it's not too far to drive to Delaware

Contact Us | Punkin Chunkin

We are coming up on my favorite season. I love fall and pumpkins!

Old 08-25-2012, 06:54 AM

Oh and Roba's also has air cannons with which you can shoot those tiny pumpkins out at targets.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:37 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,137,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
On our TV programs and apparently around the country they have all kinds of events to squash punkins. Some of these involve mid-evil weaponry such as catapults and trebuchets. Some contest use long, modern, air cannons to fire punkins great distances. There are also other events just aimed at making punkins explode from being hit by high powered weapons.

My question is if we have any of these events locally? Also; what is Riverside doing with his punkins!

Sad sad sad batch of pumpkins and corn in my garden,, Ive been so busy Ive neglected them,, I lost 3 real nice pumpkins to something , I lost a few good vines due to not watering them, I have 4 vines left and they are sad looking . But big and long (20')

The corn might be good to go in a few weeks ,, But the pumpkins not so well ..

Ive been so busy I barley have time in the day for everything else , watering the garden just did not get done ,,,, Im my garden ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE ...LOL

Old 08-25-2012, 10:38 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,119,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Sad sad sad batch of pumpkins and corn in my garden,, Ive been so busy Ive neglected them,, I lost 3 real nice pumpkins to something , I lost a few good vines due to not watering them, I have 4 vines left and they are sad looking . But big and long (20')

The corn might be good to go in a few weeks ,, But the pumpkins not so well ..

Ive been so busy I barley have time in the day for everything else , watering the garden just did not get done ,,,, Im my garden ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE ...LOL
If you do the Google Image search you end up with: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1536&bih=766

It looks as if the sport has a pretty good following. I am surprised that some of our fairs or the race track does not try to participate. It looks as if many have put a lot of time and energy into their super throwing (shooting) machines. Thanks Matilda!

Riverside, deer love punkins. But they will usually not break a whole punkin – unless it is already damaged. Even if you cut the punkin in half they will sometimes not touch it if the open side is down. Turn the exposed side up and they will eat the whole thing. Sorry to hear that your garden is survival of the fittest. It was a tough summer for gardeners. I have no apples or pears on my trees.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:19 PM

I didn't even bother with a garden this summer and I got squash growing out of my compost anyway. No pumpkins though.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:00 PM

63 posts, read 88,780 times
Roba's have a pumpkin cannon, that is real cool. In Delaware there is a event dedicated to "punkin chuckin",someday I will get there and check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
View detailed profiles of: