Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 06:35 AM

3,963 posts, read 2,350,127 times

Advertisements

Plenty of log cabins available up here. Hint, hint. I am sure others can chime in on realtors that could hook you up with a good deal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
I did not chime in on this thread because my feeling is that this year our foliage will not be great. My ash and popular trees just dropped their leaves about a week ago. But we did have a good hard frost early Saturday morning. So; the rest of the leaves are now going to change color quick and then drop. The maple trees are the ones that everybody loves to see the vibrant red colors. Our oaks are not as spectacular. Because of the hard summer and timing of the frost, I think that our maples will tend to go yellow and drop – unlike some of the spectacular fall foliage that we have had in the past.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:19 AM

34 posts, read 56,177 times
Can anyone tell me about Lake Minisink? Is the trail still open this time of year, and would I need 4WD to drive the trail back to the lake?

Thanks for other scenic locations others have mentioned. We're going to go back next year and stay a few days.

Mmm, a cabin in the woods would be nice. 'cept I hate winter. LOL!

Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 PM

10 posts, read 28,632 times
Does anyone here live in the east Stroudsberg Pa area? If so me and my husband are planning a move there next year and would like to know how the kids would be traveling to there school everyday?
Do the PA parents drive the kids to school everyday or is there a bus service that picks up the kids? Also any advice for my husband traveling on the bus to nyc manhatten everyday from PA (the delaware gap) area?

Thanks

Old 10-26-2012, 04:23 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmustbe View Post
Does anyone here live in the east Stroudsberg Pa area? If so me and my husband are planning a move there next year and would like to know how the kids would be traveling to there school everyday?
Do the PA parents drive the kids to school everyday or is there a bus service that picks up the kids? Also any advice for my husband traveling on the bus to nyc manhatten everyday from PA (the delaware gap) area?

Thanks
I live in the Pocono Mountain school district. But; I do know that East Stroudsburg has plenty of buses. If you just go back page one or more pages you will find plenty that have commented on the commute to NYC from our area.

Our moderator likes to try to keep threads on track. If you cannot find any information that you need; start a new thread just about your particular needs. Good luck with your move.

By the way, on subject; this was not a great year for foliage. Does anybody agree?

Old 10-26-2012, 08:02 PM

34 posts, read 56,177 times
I wasn't bowled over by the foliage, but I thought there was enough pretty color to keep me happy. Here in southern NJ, I am surprised by the amount of reds and coppers I am seeing in the trees right now. Of course, Hurricane Sandy (or whatever form the storm takes) will probably blow those pretty leaves right off the trees, and that will be the end of it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania