Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 02:56 PM

39 posts, read 86,399 times

Advertisements

My son (20 yrs old) has been using straight talk mobile in Bear Creek but has been looking to switch to Boost Mobile. Anyone know how coverage is on either of those networks in East Stroudsburg. He'll be a student at ESU and living in Pocono Twp., 5 miles NE of Tannersville.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 03:39 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
No idea ,, But if he is living in a valley you should be asking his neighbors ..

Old 12-07-2012, 04:06 PM

39 posts, read 86,399 times
HE is living with us. He's had issues with Straight Talk billing and wants to switch to Boost Mobile and has asked for a new phone on that network for Christmas. We (myself and his step father) have business cellular phones through verizon so I have no idea how Boost (which is on the sprint network) is in the area. We've lived here for 2 weeks and haven't even SEEN a neighbor yet (house is on 32 acres so pretty secluded). Just thought someone who lives in the area might have an idea.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:11 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,140,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen-P View Post
HE is living with us. He's had issues with Straight Talk billing and wants to switch to Boost Mobile and has asked for a new phone on that network for Christmas. We (myself and his step father) have business cellular phones through verizon so I have no idea how Boost (which is on the sprint network) is in the area. We've lived here for 2 weeks and haven't even SEEN a neighbor yet (house is on 32 acres so pretty secluded). Just thought someone who lives in the area might have an idea.

Im sorry I could not help .. I have 65 acres and have att ... I also have a NEP cell tower on the end of our land that ATT bounces off of .. Before that tower we had NO cell coverage .. Now we have that and a Check every year ... I hope someone can help ya ...

Old 12-08-2012, 04:28 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
I used to have AT&T – but now use Tracfone. I have very few problems with reception. No more problems with the Tracfone than AT&T. Until the last two years; there was no reception in the Canadensis/Skytop area – but that is not an issue today (new tower). There are maybe two other locations that have poor reception – but still have some reception. East Stroudsburg has no problems that I know about. I love my little cheap Tracfone – but I am cheap!

Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM

106,673 posts, read 108,833,673 times
we had verizon pay as you go. it sucked in nepa bad. here in nyc no problem.

the issue is the pay as you go isnt the same structure and agreements as you get in a regular plan when it come to roaming.

there were so many areas in nepa we could not even call from . typically with a regular cell phone plan when your carrier has no cell sites in that area they transparently put you through competitors sites.

well much to our surprise thats not how the pay as you go plan works and you just dont have access to make calls as your not routed through other companies sites..

verizons website shows you the coverage the pay as you go gets once you know to look for such a thing and anything north of 84 is just about zero.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:52 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
I have TracFone and seldom have a problem getting a connection. As far as East St'burg, my son, his wife and one of their girls have TracFone - subscribers for years and years - and I've never heard a complaint about the coverage in that area.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
We also have Tracfone here in Monroe -- East Stroudsburg/Bushkill/DelWaterGap area.

No problems other than an occasional dead spot behind a mountain.....

In New York City, however, I have problems. Go figure.

Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gettingouttahere View Post
We also have Tracfone here in Monroe -- East Stroudsburg/Bushkill/DelWaterGap area.

No problems other than an occasional dead spot behind a mountain.....

In New York City, however, I have problems. Go figure.
It's those "canyons of steel".

Old 12-10-2012, 03:15 PM

1,193 posts, read 2,390,444 times
I would agree, except I'm showing the full range of bars. Makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania