Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 02:25 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,877,895 times

Advertisements

Born: 09/14/1969

Raised: New Jersey Shore, Belmar area

Religion: raised Catholic and got my Communion but dropped out before I could finish Confirmation. We no longer practice.

Race: Mostly Irish and Italian with a smattering of other European blood

Currently Reside: Wilkes Barre and lived in Philadelphia for 8 years and Lansdale, PA for 2 years before relocating to NEPA

Pets: 5 yes, 5 cats and 1 dog (Miniature Pinscher), the squirrels and birds we feed. We had Hamster but the male cat broke into the cage and I had to witness a wife’s grief over a rodent.

Children: none and not currently planning

Spouse: Married 4 years to a Bulgarian Woman I met online. We are both Musicians and I saw her website and decided to mail a comment to her. 3 years later after much correspondence I flew to Bulgaria to marry her.

Work: Since the age of six I pursued music as a business. I played piano and then keyboards for a Rock band for several years before moving to Philadelphia to work with an agent. He helped me get a “temporary” job working as a Cook and D.J. in nightclub where he knew the owner. I learned quite a bit about Culinary while there and when nothing materialized in music I started focusing on a Culinary career.

I now am a Chef in Wilkes Barre

Favorite food: I can’t answer this properly since I know a lot of good food but my favorite growing up was Pizza. When I lived in Philly I used to love buying Chicken Cheesesteaks and their was a Pub near my house where I would buy a hot Roast Beef sandwich and a beer Yum

Favorite Drinks: Beer and Coffee much to my wife’s chagrin

Favorite hobbies: Of course computing, I am advanced to the point that sometimes I think I should have studied it as a career. Writing music with my wife, taking drives with her into the mountains and walking the area parks.

Favorite shows: I was an Idol freak for the last few years because of my musical background but the show has started to suck IMO. Same for the Apprentince which we liked but now looks sucky. I think I might start regularly watching Top Chef just for ideas but the arrogance of some of them gets to me.

Most disliked shows: Anything that my wife forces me through such as: Next Top Model, The Bachelor, Tyra and so on. I usually bury my head in the PC when these are on and only keep enough attention to comment if she talks about it.

Thing I regret the most: being told by a Sony Exec in the final attempt of my Music career at age 30 that “While you are a very accomplished Musician, we only hire four of your type per year. It really has to knock us out of our chair.” It was the highest I ever made it, sort of like being in the Idol top 5 only to be voted off so close to the goal.

Things I cherish the most: Finding the girl of my dreams and having a successful culinary career.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 02:33 PM

1,793 posts, read 3,330,606 times
Born: March,1960
Grew up: Delaware County, PA Still there
1 older brother

Religion: Fundamentalist

Schools: Catholic grade school, public high school, Widener University
B.S., English Education, M.S., Sociology

Employment: part-time teacher

Pets: 2 year-old Doberman Pinscher, Luna Dolce, 4-year-old "Pointeweiller," Barkis is Willin'

Interests: Animal rescue, wayward teens, reading, films, gardening, research, walks in the cold weather, swimming, water work-outs, the ocean (half mermaid, half human)

Favorite foods: Thai, Indian, lamb stew, shepherds's pie
Favorite beverages: Coke, Iced tea, Pinot Noir

Favorite movies: Color Purple, Sophie's Choice, Pride & Prejudice (1995), Stand by Me, To Sir with Love, Get Shorty, To Kill a Mockingbird, Nicholas Nickleby, Howard's End, Sense & Sensibility, Dance with Me, The Full Monty, A River Runs Through it, the Ten Commandments, Wilde, Hamlet (both Gibson and Branagh; didn't like Olivier, believe it or not), Dead Man Walking, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Traffic, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Pinochio, Murriel's Wedding, Le Cage Aux Folles, The Airport, Hannah & Her Sisters, Capote - for starters, anyway

Least Favorite: Action & Adventure

Likes in people: Courage, conviction, ethics, wit

Dislikes: cowardice, fence-sitting, Hedonism

Favorite shows: The Office, Big Love, John Hagee Today, Sopranos & West Wing (R.I.P.)

Thing I regret the most: many missed opportunities

Thing I miss the most: no things; just people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania