Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 10:31 AM

2,009 posts, read 3,769,148 times

Advertisements

2 shootings in one day in Wilkes Barre?? Seriously?? This area is wonderful, as far as i'm concerned they could wipe Wilkes Barre/Scranton off the map and it wouldn't bother me one little bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 11:19 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,120,469 times
If they wiped it off the map there would be no shootings NOR would it be wonderful... Whatcha smoking ?

Old 01-17-2013, 12:10 PM

22 posts, read 41,462 times
The question is "where have you been?" Wilkes Barre is the "badlands", everyone knows that.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:09 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,769,148 times
lolol Riverside, just was so annoyed, everytime i turn on the news it's another shooting, stabbing or drug related crime. It's way out of control.

Old 01-17-2013, 01:25 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,120,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
lolol Riverside, just was so annoyed, everytime i turn on the news it's another shooting, stabbing or drug related crime. It's way out of control.
I wont argue with you .. I watch the same news as you do and Im pretty sick of it all myself ..

Old 01-17-2013, 03:58 PM

539 posts, read 1,064,361 times
I was passing by the area of Coal St around 12:30PM, and they had the right lane blocked off. There was a TV news team there as well. Too much going on around here, and far too often.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:43 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,066,132 times
dontcha' think the criminals here know that there are few cops in wb--as their mayor decreases officers/monies so he can pay his top heavy lawyer/clerical staff??

this was done at lunch,on the recently expensively remodeled street(coal) with no witnesses coming forth---any person traveling this way in a car to the mall could have been hit by a stray bullet if it was a wild shot----last out of control town i ever lived in before it was cleaned up was paterson,nj in the 60's and that seemed tamer in comparison

Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,193,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
2 shootings in one day in Wilkes Barre?? Seriously?? This area is wonderful, as far as i'm concerned they could wipe Wilkes Barre/Scranton off the map and it wouldn't bother me one little bit.
Golly gee, thanks sue. Having been a life long resident of the city with family ties going back to the mid 1800s, I would care if they wiped the area off the map.

Now then. This area is being killed by apathetic residents and absentee landlords. Not to mention ineffectual law enforcement and a city administration that just doesn't seem to care about the city. There are a cluster of residents who want to make changes but when we approach other residents they wave their hands in the air and say how useless it is to even try.

So sue, maybe you'll get your wish and the WB/Scranton area will perish. It's very sad though that no one really seems to care about it and just lets it get worse.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,066,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Golly gee, thanks sue. Having been a life long resident of the city with family ties going back to the mid 1800s, I would care if they wiped the area off the map.

Now then. This area is being killed by apathetic residents and absentee landlords. Not to mention ineffectual law enforcement and a city administration that just doesn't seem to care about the city. There are a cluster of residents who want to make changes but when we approach other residents they wave their hands in the air and say how useless it is to even try.

So sue, maybe you'll get your wish and the WB/Scranton area will perish. It's very sad though that no one really seems to care about it and just lets it get worse.
it is sad--and i put the blame on administration--apathy and neglect start at the top---i remember when wb flourished and most of my extended family in the heights were safe----i cannot believe these clowns keep getting in and how much corruption and gross immaturity is present in key positions

Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,009,617 times
I am down here in Monroe County. However; I don't think that government is entirely at fault – our society has changed. We have far too many people looking for an escape (using drugs) or trying to profit from the sale of those drugs. Recently, in my County, it was announced that opiate addition surpassed alcohol addition – this isn't something to be proud of!

As a society; we need a direction. We seem to be floundering with no hope on the horizon. The days that we could work for the same company and receive ample pay and benefits is over. We also have far too much debt. We gave up the quest for self sufficiency. We are per-occupied with the trivial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania