Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:19 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Back on topic: I just read that cops do not have to protect individuals from attacks. It's not really part of their job apparently. @@
Yeah that's why Kid Rapper has bodyguards, the President has the Secret Service, and Daniel the Diamond Dealer has a gun. I don't think we would really want, or could afford, to have cops literally all over the place protecting literally everyone 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 10:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
because the 1% loving government refuses to foster living wages.
ROFL, the value of your labor is not measured in dollars. It is what is.

McDonald's worker gets $8 per hour, they pay $5 for McDonald's meal.
McDonald's worker gets $80 per hour, they pay $50 for Mcdonald's meal.
McDonald's worker gets $8,000,000 per hour , they pay $5,000,000 for McDonald's meal.

See how that works? The value of the labor from someone that works at McDonald's is always going to be the same. It's never going to change other than market forces such as if there was a shortage of McDonald's workers. If you want to increase your pay scale you need to increase the value of your labor, there is no way around that.

That's economics 101 for today.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:49 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Yeah that's why Kid Rapper has bodyguards, the President has the Secret Service, and Daniel the Diamond Dealer has a gun. I don't think we would really want, or could afford, to have cops literally all over the place protecting literally everyone 24/7.
I don't believe responding to an assault or domestic violence emergency call is "protecting literally everyone 24/7". Apparently I'm wrong though.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I don't believe responding to an assault or domestic violence emergency call is "protecting literally everyone 24/7". Apparently I'm wrong though.
That is not what you said in the post I was replying to.

You said "the cops don't have to protect individuals from attacks" which is quite a general statement. You did not say anything about responding to an emergency call for an attack that has already happened or that is threatened or imminent.

Let's not lose focus here.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
That is not what you said in the post I was replying to.

You said "the cops don't have to protect individuals from attacks" which is quite a general statement. You did not say anything about responding to an emergency call for an attack that has already happened or that is threatened or imminent.

Let's not lose focus here.
Semantics.

Warren v. District of Columbia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals (reference)

Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 PM

908 posts, read 1,555,501 times
I'm done with the NEPA forum because unlike others, I am HEAVILY censored to the point that it completely changes what I'm trying to relay, and to whom I try to relay it to. Thanks to the decent folks who don't have complete hatred in their hearts for anyone who looks, or believes differently. You maybe the minority in NEPA, but you definitely are the ONLY thing that's good about it.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Semantics.
Uh-huh.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Uh-huh.
Affirmative or negative?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:53 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Too many times to count. The police simply don't care. I'm sorry but if the suspects had been black, it would have been a different story. At least that's the case in Luzerne County. I see black people with stupid marijuana charges getting more time than the white locals for their meth labs. They just come home and start their meth labs again. Everyone who called was white. One was an old woman, and the police just don't listen to her. She is more lucid than they are but, laziness, or some other reason(maybe a hand in drug money) prevails. The scary thing is the cops are always called for some little house fire. How does one family have so many fires & no investigation is done? They put out the fire and leave.
you are so on target!--i tried reporting a local meth lab--no interest---police response---we have to SEE increased drug traffic----no attention to details of smells,nite time activity--etc

have seen daytime drug deals at deli on coal while stopped in traffic--rarely see a police car in that area(and it's in the sherman hills area)

Old 02-02-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
you are so on target!--i tried reporting a local meth lab--no interest---police response---we have to SEE increased drug traffic----no attention to details of smells,nite time activity--etc

have seen daytime drug deals at deli on coal while stopped in traffic--rarely see a police car in that area(and it's in the sherman hills area)
I see drug deals in my neighborhood all the time. By the bars, the school and in front of different houses. I've called the police several times and nothing ever seems to be done about it. The problem is just increasing IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania