Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:48 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,792,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Exactly njmike! The forum here paints a good picture of what most(you'll find its not all, but too many for comfort) of locals are like & how they treat anyone who doesn't support their very bigoted & obsolete mindset. They're rude even to locals who denounce their extremely pervasive thinking.

This backwards, anti-social, racist, bigoted way is why I've got most on the NEPA forum on ignore(just learned how to use it), and am no longer responding to them. You can't even respond to the decent folks here without some bigot, left-behind regular making some kind of vitriol, juvenile, catty comment, in an attempt to argument bait.

The bottom line is Luzerne & Lackawanna counties are bottom of the barrel even by Pa standards, and their refusal to progress & leave off their warped ways is the cause. The TV show "The Office" greatly downplayed the reality of this area. I actually wouldn't mind Michael Scott, or even Dwight Schrute as a neighbor,lol.

One great thing came out of living in this hell hole. It made me appreciate things about our great state, NJ, that I took for granted before. NJ has its problems, but NOTHING compared to this area. Even our republicans are betters.(Christie puts Corbett to shame even when Christie is at his worst) I'm moving back to NJ, and back to 21st century civilization. It will certainly be worth the several hundred dollars extra in rent.
Ohhh the irony.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 PM

7,936 posts, read 7,287,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Affirmative or negative?
Neither. My "uh-huh" was a dismissive reply to your dismissive "semantics".

Sorry but it seems you're giving up on the people of Sherman Hills by stating the police are not required to go there in response to calls. I can tell you that the police show up whenever I call them.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:37 PM

908 posts, read 1,548,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
I'm finding a few "transplants" who think like we do and that's a blessing. One thing that still aggrivates me is the "locals" constantly blaming all the crime in the area on people from NJ and NYC but ignore the criminals from NEPA. Sure there's bad elements in NJ and NYC but the majority of us are law abiding.
Almost everyone I know is going back, especially the college kids, and professional workers. Even the blue collar workers have had it. Not trying to be rude, but the ones who I've MET, that want to stay, NJ/NY really don't need them or the negativity & close-mindedness.

Let them keep blaming us. Simple 6th grade math skills would tell them there isn't enough NY/NJ transplants to take the blame for all the crap that happens here. Its OK, the area has been dying for a long time, and will continue to die. When the feds finally audit everyone, gather up all the corrupt politicians/city & county workers, and the place crumbles completely, where will they go & who will be willing to take them,LOL?

Old 02-03-2013, 10:59 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,055,533 times
ROFLMAO........I'm a transplant and I WILL be moving back to the shore as soon as my son is in college. About 4 years from now.

Your kidding yourself if you think that the NY/NJ trash don't have anything to do with NEPA crime.

Also you either like the people here or you don't, that's the trouble with most transplants. You move because you could no longer afford NJ/NY, but you expect the residents here to bend or mold to your views/outlook...lolol. Your the transplant, you can assimilate or not. It's your call, but don't complain when people don't welcome you with open arms.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 PM

32,769 posts, read 35,986,074 times
Quote:
Almost everyone I know is going back, especially the college kids, and professional workers. Even the blue collar workers have had it. Not trying to be rude, but the ones who I've MET, that want to stay, NJ/NY really don't need them or the negativity & close-mindedness.

Let them keep blaming us. Simple 6th grade math skills would tell them there isn't enough NY/NJ transplants to take the blame for all the crap that happens here. Its OK, the area has been dying for a long time, and will continue to die. When the feds finally audit everyone, gather up all the corrupt politicians/city & county workers, and the place crumbles completely, where will they go & who will be willing to take them,LOL?
I thought that you were done with the NEPA forum.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,928,724 times
Quote:

I truly wish your posts would have something to do with the topics being discussed, and not just another oppourntiy for you to make generalizations about folks living here; transplants and locals alike!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:56 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,162,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Neither. My "uh-huh" was a dismissive reply to your dismissive "semantics".

Sorry but it seems you're giving up on the people of Sherman Hills by stating the police are not required to go there in response to calls. I can tell you that the police show up whenever I call them.
No, I am not giving up on them! I was obviously alluding to the fact that the cops aren't there enough. I can tell give you about 5 examples of cops not showing up when called.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
I truly wish your posts would have something to do with the topics being discussed, and not just another oppourntiy for you to make generalizations about folks living here; transplants and locals alike!
Its not off topic when the NEPA fans respond with rudeness, and malevolent comments that have nothing to do with the topic? Their small minds can't state their opinions with respect, and act like trash to anyone who disagrees with them and of course let's not forget the racism they love to interject here & there, and that is A.OK, not at all off-topic! Wow, the double standards here are through the roof. My ignore list is growing.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:04 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,055,533 times

Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
BTW, if you think the effect the backwards mindset of the people here & how it affects the problems, including the drug problems is off topic, then you seriously are lost. I guess its only on topic when you blame NJ/NY transplants & minorities right? Have fun when the next meth lab pops up next door & cops do nothing because their nephew is the cook! Yeah, off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania