Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hi Samy so nice to meet you.
Oh yes, when the girls first came onto city data they needed so much help in understanding our area.
Also, the transportation system.........just how to get around with no car!
Not so easy in this country area. But, things are improving. That Pony line runs quite a few places. That is the local bus, that runs in and out to all the store areas, bus depots, etc.
I sent them both a picture of Camelback now in full swing with all the snow. One email came back so, I think I have one of the girls email on here wrong....
You are all going to enjoy yourselves. Yes, some hard work.........but, you will then have the time afterwards to see a little bit of the US.
You must be excited Samy........you don't have long now.
I'm sure your travel advisor will be Line and Ise.........they can even show you how to get to about everything in Manhattan New York.........(LOL)
I'm so glad to have helped the girls.
Its cold here, bundle up, the wind last night was so, so, strong.........over 50mpi for sure.
Huggs, MOM Summering ( Gosh, I have lots of daughters don't I, thats GREAT)
LOL
Yeah, lots of daughters! I bet right now you don't even know how many, MOM
I'm freeeee! To plan everything I have to take there and buy a lot of stuff and post in the forum and see pictures! It feels so great! Only 6 days and we're going!!!!!!!!!! I remember when I first posted in Molly's thread for the first time, still chossing the state and place I was going to... It was in August! Then, after I decided camelback was the place becouse of your answers, when I was nervous about the job interview, then the J-1 visa and... Now the time has finally arrived!
YEAH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 10:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,113 times
hi there!!! how are you?? too cold on the mountain??
i'm going to tannersville with the group from Curitiba and i got a few questions for you, if you could please answer me...
first one.. i need to buy those snow pants and boots, do you know how much they will cost me? and if there is a place that sells snowboard equipment...
i also wanna know if there is a car rental place in the city..
many thanks! see you soon!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:26 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
LOL
I'm freeeee! To plan everything I have to take there and buy a lot of stuff and post in the forum and see pictures! It feels so great! Only 6 days and we're going!!!!!!!!!! I remember when I first posted in Molly's thread for the first time, still chossing the state and place I was going to... It was in August! Then, after I decided camelback was the place becouse of your answers, when I was nervous about the job interview, then the J-1 visa and... Now the time has finally arrived!
YEAH!
Congrats and I hope you have a blast! I wish I would've been "brave" enought to go to another country and have fun working at a ski resort when I was younger. . . . Even now it sounds like a fun idea

Old 12-05-2007, 01:16 PM

17 posts, read 41,181 times
Welcome F.Franco,
You can check out a website of the retailer at Camelback and down the road from Camelback.They sell ski and snowboard equipment. Try -= THE LOFT =-
There is a car rental location in Stroudsburg about 10 miles away called Enterprise rent a car.
If you want cheap snowpants and boots it could be under $100. US or if your want quality gear it could be several hundred. Hope this helps.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:27 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
LOL
YEAH!
OK now I am giggling............If you get "frostbite" then please don't tell everyone on the mountain that MOM told me to come to this cold, cold, place!!! ( LOL) Pleassssse don't get frostbite.........That is if you feel a lot of numbing and then the skin in very, very red. Later it goes black! Then it can be dangerous.........past that point. I only knew one person who got that on his ears. A Russian Man who worked shoveling snow at a company. I warned him about it..........Later he told me his ears got frostbite.
So tests are done, your packing, you have your Manhattan Map, and your place...........Wonderful.
You have one million rules.........LOLOLOLOL.......
No I should say your safety is covered!
The local Pony has a map of its own, I came across it yesterday while out.
Hey you know one of my daughters is going to see the TREE in NY the same day you arrive. YES, on the 12th!
I bet they go skateing in Bryant Park too.
I am just catching up today. Lots of Christmasing going on around here.
And one of my newly done favorites the Santa Bishop is going to a City Data person. I think that is so wonderful.........on its way South as we speak.
I want to read more of everyones excitement.
Do you have all my numbers and the one in SC? MOM Summering

Old 12-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftie View Post
Welcome F.Franco,
You can check out a website of the retailer at Camelback and down the road from Camelback.They sell ski and snowboard equipment. Try -= THE LOFT =-
There is a car rental location in Stroudsburg about 10 miles away called Enterprise rent a car.
If you want cheap snowpants and boots it could be under $100. US or if your want quality gear it could be several hundred. Hope this helps.
Liftie that Sports resale shop in the corner there of the Tannersville, Mr Z's do they sell used Ski Equiptment and other related things.........
Would they have the boots? Just wondering for girls on budgets.
For the short time they are here............???

Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Congrats and I hope you have a blast! I wish I would've been "brave" enought to go to another country and have fun working at a ski resort when I was younger. . . . Even now it sounds like a fun idea
LNTT..........Yes they are quite brave. I don't think I was very brave at that age. Nope, not at all.
They do have each other to bond too which has to feel good.
I hope they awake with a big smile
Work with a big smile
and go to bed with a smile
Even when they have had a rough ,and busy day...........
Because this is a fantastic experience they can always look back on.
I'm thrilled for them.......6 More Days

Old 12-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F. Franco View Post
hi there!!! how are you?? too cold on the mountain??
i'm going to tannersville with the group from Curitiba and i got a few questions for you, if you could please answer me...
first one.. i need to buy those snow pants and boots, do you know how much they will cost me? and if there is a place that sells snowboard equipment...
i also wanna know if there is a car rental place in the city..
many thanks! see you soon!
Enterprise will bring the car to you, so their ads say .........but, you have to call as the age limit is quite high on car rentals. If I remember though, enterprise had about the lowest of age awhile back.
You will find those ski shops right on your mountain road.
For" used "there was a Sports Shop by the Tannersville, Mr Z's in the corner area. In that case you might get a deal on a good board.
Remember, this is not a city area in the least. There is no where around this area of Pa I would personally call a city. Not the kind I think you are talking about. You mean a city probably the size of Philly or New York.
Most of us go to the city of New York for Shows, and to be in that type of environment...........
But, many of us are glad to come home to the peaceful areas of NE PA. Especially the Poconos.
You will find plenty of stores to shop in that are quite large and wonderful.
They will be along the route of the "Pony" transportation........
Best of Luck to you on your trip to Tannersville, pa.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:18 PM

17 posts, read 41,181 times
I think the sports shop by Mr Z's was closed last time I went by but the employees get free rentals of equipment and free group lessons as one of their privileges.
Tannersville is considered a village, Stroudsburg a town (boro), New York --- now thats a city.
Just checked online for walmart. They have available a winter boot (ozark trail) snow boot with a removable felt liner for 25$. This is a boot that will keep someones feet warm for a winter without breaking the bank.
Take care of your feet and they will take care of you.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM

I don't know how it happened ........one lost posting
Thats right liftie..........Take Good Care of your Feet
Thanks for helping the girls find some nice, warm, reasonable, boots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania