Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Ise

60 posts, read 159,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftie View Post
I think the sports shop by Mr Z's was closed last time I went by but the employees get free rentals of equipment and free group lessons as one of their privileges.
Tannersville is considered a village, Stroudsburg a town (boro), New York --- now thats a city.
Just checked online for walmart. They have available a winter boot (ozark trail) snow boot with a removable felt liner for 25$. This is a boot that will keep someones feet warm for a winter without breaking the bank.
Take care of your feet and they will take care of you.
Only 25 $? that's really reasonable! Is that a PAC boot? I want a PAC boot!

I didn't know the employees get free group lessons! That seems great!!! I could use some lessons, I've skied just 2 days in Argentina!

Thanks, Liftie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Ise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Congrats and I hope you have a blast! I wish I would've been "brave" enought to go to another country and have fun working at a ski resort when I was younger. . . . Even now it sounds like a fun idea
Thanks LNTT!
I agree it sounds like a fun idea!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Ise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
OK now I am giggling............If you get "frostbite" then please don't tell everyone on the mountain that MOM told me to come to this cold, cold, place!!! ( LOL) Pleassssse don't get frostbite.........That is if you feel a lot of numbing and then the skin in very, very red. Later it goes black! Then it can be dangerous.........past that point. I only knew one person who got that on his ears. A Russian Man who worked shoveling snow at a company. I warned him about it..........Later he told me his ears got frostbite.
So tests are done, your packing, you have your Manhattan Map, and your place...........Wonderful.
You have one million rules.........LOLOLOLOL.......
No I should say your safety is covered!
The local Pony has a map of its own, I came across it yesterday while out.
Hey you know one of my daughters is going to see the TREE in NY the same day you arrive. YES, on the 12th!
I bet they go skateing in Bryant Park too.
I am just catching up today. Lots of Christmasing going on around here.
And one of my newly done favorites the Santa Bishop is going to a City Data person. I think that is so wonderful.........on its way South as we speak.
I want to read more of everyones excitement.
Do you have all my numbers and the one in SC? MOM Summering
WOW! Now I'm getting scared! Frostbite? Sounds really... horrible!!! Does it only happens when it's really, really cold? Or it can happen in the snow out of the bloom? How much time does it takes before it gets black? If I warm the place, does it gets ok? Or it stays black for ever??? Does it falls? LOL

"one of my newly done favorites the Santa Bishop is going to a City Data person" What is a Santa Bishop?

WOW! What a coincidence! Visiting the tree the exactly same day we're arriving!!! Maybe we'll pass just beside her LOL

Old 12-05-2007, 06:32 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
I am truly so excited (and nervous as a mother!!!) for both of you girls!! It sounds like you are getting everything taken care of, and it will all fall in place when you get here. As far as keeping warm, you will know when you get here just how warm you need to be! You will see for yourself. I'm so glad they give the lifties a coat a camelback! Some good long underwear, they will help too. I'm a big fan of a wool sweater in the cold, it really traps in the body's own warmth.
I'm so excited for you girls, it won't be long now. I hope I see you posting after you get here. I'm sure I'll be at Camelback sooner or later this winter, my 16 yr old daughter is a a snow boarder. I'll find you girls, or at least the one in the cafeteria!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Ise

And YES, I guess we have all the phones of the PLACES! Riding place(), 911(), pizzas(), Mr. Z's, The Pony, and the others! I'm printing it right now!!!
Then I'm going to print the map!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Ise

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I am truly so excited (and nervous as a mother!!!) for both of you girls!! It sounds like you are getting everything taken care of, and it will all fall in place when you get here. As far as keeping warm, you will know when you get here just how warm you need to be! You will see for yourself. I'm so glad they give the lifties a coat a camelback! Some good long underwear, they will help too. I'm a big fan of a wool sweater in the cold, it really traps in the body's own warmth.
I'm so excited for you girls, it won't be long now. I hope I see you posting after you get here. I'm sure I'll be at Camelback sooner or later this winter, my 16 yr old daughter is a a snow boarder. I'll find you girls, or at least the one in the cafeteria!
Hi I Love PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was missing you!
Hey, you'll have to meet me toooooo! I hope I won't be in the top of the lift that brings people to the hardest trail in camelback when you got there! lol
Do you ski or snowboard?
Otherwise it will be kind of hard for you to go to all lifts looking for me! LOL Just kidding!
Well, we'll be there for the whole winter, sooner or later we'll bump on each other!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:22 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ise View Post
WOW! Now I'm getting scared! Frostbite? Sounds really... horrible!!! Does it only happens when it's really, really cold? Or it can happen in the snow out of the bloom? How much time does it takes before it gets black? If I warm the place, does it gets ok? Or it stays black for ever??? Does it falls? LOL

"one of my newly done favorites the Santa Bishop is going to a City Data person" What is a Santa Bishop?

WOW! What a coincidence! Visiting the tree the exactly same day we're arriving!!! Maybe we'll pass just beside her LOL
Well, you have to google that and get all the important facts ok........
But, really I only met one person who got frostbite.
Even when hubby fell through the ice, and had to walk home wet, in the cold winter air. He didn't get frostbite.
Lucky a hockey player saved him........but a cop just passed him up, said a few words......and he walked......all the way home....
The Santa Bishop was a hand carving of a nice Bishop, like an Old World church Bishop.......and he somehow, had a Santa type face.
With a cane and a basket in his hand. Really cute guy
You'll find nicer in Pa............LOLOLOL ( a joke, not serious....or maybe?)

Old 12-05-2007, 07:57 PM

17 posts, read 33,176 times
I see the arrival date is getting close. Well, one thing I have to say, Christimas is already here, specialy with all this snow that we have outside. It is beatiful! This Saturday will be a nice day for ski, I have been thinking about it. Maybe, I will.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:04 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,765,301 times
Ise...no I don't snowboard, too old...too fat and too scared! I do like to hang out and wait for the crowd to come inside to warm up. The bigger resorts usually there is not much to watch from a reasonable distance so I'll just bring a magazine. I will look for Line and maybe meet you on a break! We'll keep in touch when you get there.
(I haven't been here much as I'm spending way too much time on E-Bay, Christmas shopping! I find all the major snowboard clothes names at much cheaper prices!)

Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,662,148 times
Alex...........Great.........Get the practices in.
The girls will love the REAL Christmas trees. I am to post mine soon. They are waiting.
I guess in Brazil they are all artificial.......
My tree is making the house smell wonderful, and I would love to keep it all year
LOL
I found the most wonderful Christmas Farm. They have the the tree right now in the Oval Office of the President of the Us. Also there are 13 trees there from this farm.
One time they had the National Washington Tree.
All of the trees were groomed so nicely. It was such a pleasure to go there.
Well..........getting late.........Everyone will have to now party without me...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania