Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times

Advertisements

We have a wonderful group of kids coming our way into the Poconos. Rather then clog up MollyMe's question area, I think we should give them their own special thread. Don't you folks?
This way they can ask us about our area, what to do and where to go.
So far I think we have answered quite a few of the questions.
Ise and Line and the rest of the Brazil group.......POST HERE.
Your parents are welcome too I know, I know.......your on your OWN but it always helps to include all the people who love and worry about you. ...........Summering
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 07:26 AM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times
Dê boas-vindas a meus amigos e a seus pais. Faça suas perguntas.

I used the Free Online Translator to translate to portugese.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:40 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,938,445 times
Welcome! My MIL lived in Brazil for much of her childhood while waiting for their visas to the US.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:21 AM

Assim contente voce vire' visitar o
Poconos. Desejar para neve no Christmas
assim que nos son hos pode vir verdadeiro.

Thanks MollyMe..........I didn't know how to get it to copy so I had to write it
myself........I hope its right???

Karen_s we had a good friend from Brazil, who lived with us as a teen. She calls me MOM too..........LOL

Old 10-30-2007, 12:23 PM

32 posts, read 78,006 times
Heyyyyyyyyy!
I loved it! Did you see Ise? We have our own place here!! Thanks Summering!!! It's easier now!

And I really like you and Molly writing in Portuguese!!! Do you know how to speak something in Portuguese? We can teach you!

Summering, did you live next do Cammelback? Cause I wanna meet you too!

I've asked in the other thread about Internet...if it's possible to put internet in the house...and if it's cheap! Do yoy know something about that??

Sorry about all this questions, but we're a little curious and wanna know everything about Poconos before going!

Old 10-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Hey there Line.........I didn't forget you.
That was a freek accident in Ocean Isle. I have been on that small island area. Just over a bridge it is, in a quiet part of NC. We went to see the damage after some bad storms came that way. It is quite a quiet, place.........except when a storm hits and then......some loose their homes.
I don't think I have ever, ever heard of a fire in the Camelback area.
I am remembering that my oldest daughter worked at the Chateau before she got her Medical Assistant license from the college.
So she spent lots of time climbing up that hill.
Can I say for your information that route 611 will be your main highway to the places you need to go.
Going north on 611 will bring you to Mt. Pocono and the Kmart/Sears, a Walmart,
a good Pizza Hut, a Perkins, breakfast place.....some shoe stores and other small stores off of 940. ( a left at the Mt Pocono light)
Going South on 611 will bring you to Kohls, TJMax, Target, Staples.........
And further South on 611 will bring you into Stroudsburg, with that Walmart being on the other side of the town.
So if you get to Google your area on Googlemaps. or on Zillow.com you might just be able to find your way easy enough.
Waiting to hear if anyone else knows of any other computer places for you......
Hoping someone will come to tell us soon.
Right now it would be possiably in the Pocono Kmart/the libraries/ and perhaps Panaera Bread Company if it opens before you come.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:26 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,382,450 times
Boa vinda, eu espero que você tenha uma estada agradável

Old 10-30-2007, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Line View Post
Heyyyyyyyyy!
I loved it! Did you see Ise? We have our own place here!! Thanks Summering!!! It's easier now!

And I really like you and Molly writing in Portuguese!!! Do you know how to speak something in Portuguese? We can teach you!

Summering, did you live next do Cammelback? Cause I wanna meet you too!

I've asked in the other thread about Internet...if it's possible to put internet in the house...and if it's cheap! Do yoy know something about that??

Sorry about all this questions, but we're a little curious and wanna know everything about Poconos before going!
Hey there.........Nah, I don't know Portuguese, I just used MollyMe's translator area. That was fun.
If you have a map........Summering is down 715 which is a road that runs behind Camelback and the Outlets all the way to her home........maybe 5 miles or so.......
Well, I have the same problem when I go to South Carolina.
The owners don't have hook ups, so I had to use dial up.
That was a horror. I was on Penguin Club with the kids, and my "Lolly Penguin" would not follow anyone or do anything she was suspose to do....
It became quite hysterical.........she was out of control due to dial up, and its slowness. Sllllllllooooowww is the word.
I am trying to think what to do down there this year so as not to have the slowness again.
You'd have to get permission from the condo owner, and if they have to put a dish on the condo.........if that is even allowed there.......I don't know.
Good..........then ..........you all head here from now on so Molly can be back to her questions and answers. This is all yours!!!!! Summering MOM

Old 10-30-2007, 12:43 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Boa vinda, eu espero que você tenha uma estada agradável
Well I used the translator to see what you said and the translation to English is this::

Good coming, I wait that you he has a pleasant sojourn

Well thats not the best translation but I'm sure your happy to see us writing in portugese!!!!!

When you get the phone connected where you live they can give you internet access too. So don't worry.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:46 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
I am enthusiastic about Brasilian visitors---but, this is an English only forum.

Please refrain from any additional posts In Portuguese! Agradar/por favor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania