Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 PM

2 posts, read 7,117 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who constantly turns the bass of her stereo up and starts playing music at 11pm. Now someone told me that the noise ordinance for Wilkes Barre Pa takes effect at 10pm. No one else seems to complain but at midnight I would like to try and get some sleep. I have texted her phone and she whines why is it that I am the only one to complain. She says go to sleep and leave her alone. I have told her that I am trying to do just that, but her crap is keeping me awake and all I hear is boom boom boom. That is the part that drives me nuts. Then she response so move. We had college kids that did the same and after about 10 calls to 911 i went to the college and complained and that solved that mess. She knows this seeing how she lived next door to them with her parents and now that she lives in her grandfather's house she follows in their steps.

What is the time the noise ordinance for Wilkes Barre Pa takes effect? Is it 10pm?

Last edited by GreyBush_1969; 05-11-2013 at 10:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 11:06 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
ten o 11 in most places--but enforcement is another issue

Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Get the ordinance information from you municipality and then go to the local police when she is blasting. You will not have any zoning officers available at 10 or 11 at night. But, if you have the ordinance; your police should be forced to enforce it (whether they want to or not). They are sworn to uphold the law.

On the flip side: If she continues to blast you; her ears should be as bad as mine in the near future. I always smile when car speakers just about blast me off the road. I think, to myself, your just as stupid as I was at your age! I did not wear hearing protection when I shot on file teams years ago.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 4,489 times
I'm in a frustrating situation with my neighbor downstairs. He has a surround system that literally when its turned up will rattle stuff and vibrate through the walls. He obviously loves to play video games but refuses to play them with earphones or without surround system. Since i have spoken to him before i really thought he wasn't aware somehow how loud he was and ive nicely told him please my daughter is young its too loud and i cant sleep. I proceeded to do this at least three times in the most friendly manner and he seemed to understand and seem to want peace. That was my mistake he continued to make noise but just louder out of spite and exactly when my daughter goes s to bed. I had to start calling the police after the first time he calmed down and i also called the l;landlord to make him aware of the situation. He said he cant do anything but he will give me his number for us to work it out. Needless to say that worked for a few months but he recently has brought a new female around and hass since begun to do the same thing. Every time i call the police there is nothing that i can do about it because he has a police scanner and knows when they are coming and lowers it so they can not hear or drives away before they come. Since i have called the police to be vindictive he had this woman call in an anonymous tip of hefty false allegationsof child abuse that were founded to be untrue and nothing happened but i feel unsafe and im being harrassed they watch us through the curtains and sometimes hide their car down the street so that we believe they arent home but will start to be nosy again ive tried speaking to my landlord and he believes my neighbor is passive and when he talks to the neighbor says he wantrs to be peacful there shouldnt be more problems is there anythig i can do besides m,ove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania