Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
so not true-----but nepa is worse in some areas than other places i encountered and that is a reality ----btw you yourself have admitted to negativities about this area
What area in the USA is perfect in every way everywhere within it? Even the best places have their seedier downside. That's not unique to NEPA at all!

Someone citing a few negatives isn't condemning a place completely and blaming the people there for it.

Bad things can happen in the most postcard perfect of areas.....case in point - Sandy Hook Elementary School. I guess you two would blame the community!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times
Quote:
a----we live in nepa--NOT taylor----and b-----if one or two people could change the apathy that has prevailed here for over 50 yrs don't ya think it would have happened and most of all how can one or two people fix this area's broken social support systems without money and political clout----if you or m can do this you two are so talented there must others in your areas that are benefitting from YOUR abilities

btw---most private agencies ARE required to have a final contact before closing out a file which there was in this case at one time

and for you and m to assume that some of us posters would do nothing if we were aware of such a situation is just provacitive in my opinion
Won't let me rep you, but

Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
so not true-----but nepa is worse in some areas than other places i encountered and that is a reality ----btw you yourself have admitted to negativities about this area
Selective memory & denial helps some people sleep better. I prefer seeing reality over rose colored glasses.
BTW, how did this go from, a thread about a poor man who died due to neglect by MANY, to a "defend NEPA because everyone who says it's bad is lying", thread?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 AM

I will state again, I HAVE complained, so have MANY people I know. We've done all we LEGALLY could, called all the agencies we were told to, to help neglected people with mental illness/developmental disorders, and those in crisis(crisis here is a JOKE) etc... I have even complained to the authorities who oversee the service providers/crisis, and NOTHING was done. I have friends in the field who left because of the unethical BS that goes here. Don't tell me I haven't tried, or I'm making too much of this. The area has some of the most unethical, unqualified mental health workers, and doctors I've ever seen. I've seen GOOD providers, so I can recognize bad ones.
The bottom line is this poor man could have been saved if people were doing their jobs. There are more like him we don't know about, and many more receiving "services" by narcissist idiots who only exacerbate clients' troubles. I hope ALL unethical & negligent mandated reporters lose their licenses.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:19 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
This thread is apparently too controversial for this forum. Closed.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania