Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 12:09 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,063,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I don't recall Grablick's having a "Pig's Dinner" type mega serving. The only "Pig's Dinner" I remember was at the Forty-Fort dairy bar/restaurant in Dallas (actually Trucksville). It was served in what looked like a miniature feeding trough.
grablick's had one--never could finish it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,820,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
I don't recall Grablick's having a "Pig's Dinner" type mega serving. The only "Pig's Dinner" I remember was at the Forty-Fort dairy bar/restaurant in Dallas (actually Trucksville). It was served in what looked like a miniature feeding trough.
I don't remember Grablick's having a pigs dinner either. I forget the name of the place but in Plymouth the ice cream parlor there had one. If you were traveling south on 11 it was on the left near the school.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:18 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,063,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I don't remember Grablick's having a pigs dinner either. I forget the name of the place but in Plymouth the ice cream parlor there had one. If you were traveling south on 11 it was on the left near the school.
was the one in pittston up near the church that is now closed on a hill--this may have been before your time

Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,820,449 times
I've driven by it, was never in it.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:34 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,829,393 times
IIRC, Grablick's "Pigs Dinner" was 4 large scoops with a banana and 4 toppings in a wooden trough like holder. I think they had a "Heap of Heaven(?)" with 7 scoops...and maybe even 9 scooper(?)... memory a bit hazy on these details but throwin' 'em out just for the funnn of it.

I honestly don't know if it was Pittston or West Pittston...I came from 'up the line' and to me they probably were sorta the same back in the day. I only came there for Grablick's.

The only time I went to Forty Fort then was to drag race on the old airport strip

Old 10-11-2016, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 1,000 times
Default Charlie's Ice Cream

Found this thread out here from some time ago. Charlie's Ice Cream was my Aunt and Uncle's business. They had several trucks on the road through the 60s and probably the 70s, but the 60s would have been the heyday. My Uncle might have even started going on the road earlier than that.

They operated a window in the garage/manufacturing facility through the early 80s. It was across the street from the Atlas Chain plant, and from what I remember, though on a side-street and out of the way, they still always had long lines in the summer. When the window opened I'm not sure but I'm figuring it was when the road slowed down, probably sometime in the 1970s. The business closed in the mid 80's...I'm going to guess around 1985, give or take.

Old 10-25-2016, 09:17 AM

5,108 posts, read 4,875,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksim View Post
Found this thread out here from some time ago. Charlie's Ice Cream was my Aunt and Uncle's business. ...... The business closed in the mid 80's...I'm going to guess around 1985, give or take.
They had the best, favorable popsicles and their creamsicles were to die for! I have very fond memories of them and their ice cream.

Old 07-23-2017, 08:42 PM

1 posts, read 765 times
I know this is an old thread, but growing up, there was Daily's/Charles Chips across the street from St. Anthony's Church in Exeter. Might this be what the original poster was looking for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania