Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 04:37 PM

11 posts, read 8,279 times

Advertisements

Are we active here or the only info I can get is from years past ?

Ive searched almost everything but most of years past. Any updates for 2017. I.e. best worst etc.

I'm not going to debate the whole HOA issue Ive seen some debates and for me it will be a choice I need to make on my own. What I do know is my move is planned and in action within the next year. Work allows me to move away from New York as long as I can still get in once or twice a week.

Areas looking :
Arrowhead ( but non motor boat lake I think and no golf carts)
WLE (motor boat lake and from last I saw Golf carts allowed)
Naomi not sure on golf carts and lakes.

We did stay in Hideout years ago and had a great time ( no indoor pool from posts here Not a deal breaker)

So if we are active stop say hello and let me pick ya brain.

Thank You in advance.

ROB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 06:11 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Lake Naomi, if I recall correctly, is electric motors only. I cannot help you on the others; I do not live in a HOA. Good luck!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Lake Naomi, if I recall correctly, is electric motors only. I cannot help you on the others; I do not live in a HOA. Good luck!
Thank you glad to see some people still around. Ive looked over almost all the posts that have to do with areas looking in nd now just looking for some updated info. Thank you for the time today

Old 07-21-2017, 07:22 PM

116 posts, read 366,335 times
I have a home in WLE for 12 years now. What info would you like?

Old 07-22-2017, 06:49 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
We have a home in WLE for 10 years. Love it. Yes,there are pluses and minuses for a hoa, ours isn't too bad (at least in my opinion).

Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 AM

Hello Trip and Okay

We are looking for areas that have things that will keep a 10 year old busy all year long. Now I know that in reality would never happen but more like a resort type of daily planned activities would work at least for the summer time. We are coming from New York and I have family all over the Pocono area from Brodhead's to Effort area down to Bethlehem.

We have been in area for years since I was a kid ( man I do miss the old Mount Airy ) when the Pocono's was the go to place for family vacations. We now come up at least once a month to hit the water parks and ski but with now being able to get out of new York I'm ready.

I'm not one of those blinded by the price buyers. I know the area has its plus and minus points. I'm looking for a Golf cart HOA with lake motor boat would be great but arrowhead does have a ton of summer activities. Would you know where I can get a list of WLE activities unless I'm missing in my search cant find one. Arrowhead has the HOA mag that gives off everything planned.

Thank you for any help. ROB

Last edited by toobusytoday; 07-23-2017 at 08:45 AM.. Reason: Removed spaces for easier reading on hand-held devices.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:38 AM

Here is a link to the summer recreation schedule on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Wallenpaupa...type=3&theater

Old 07-22-2017, 09:59 AM

Thank you don't know how I missed that but with so many links saved I can see how I can bypass simple found answers. LOL

That's the type of HOA we need - ones that plan things and have different options to fill the day. I think the hard part is narrowing down one HOA over another. I think I'm down to 3 on my tops but so many more 2nd strings. I did knock off many just from the posts here (even tho some posts are years past) I also found a few houses that fit my needs.

1 house for us ( Main job right now)
2nd house for sister
3rd house for mother ( Cant have her living with me cause they she takes over LOL)

Question if I may pick the brain. We own a window cleaning business in New York City ( small 2 person op ) we don't see many HOA areas that have garages (second garage on prop) we did come across 2 in arrowhead (it was on a double lot). Do they have rules on what can be pulled onto grounds? I'm only bringing lets say two work trucks that would be parked in garage when not in use.

Also I think if I'm correct the GOLF CARTS are allowed in WLE and not sure in Arrowhead any clue ?

Last edited by toobusytoday; 07-23-2017 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: fixed spacing

Old 07-22-2017, 11:12 AM

There are homes in WLE with garages and even double garages, but I can't recall any detached ones. I'm not sure of the rules on work trucks, if there are any. I scanned the regulations and couldn't find any, but you might want to call the main offices and ask. The people who work there have always been very helpful.

Golf carts are allowed. For my family, that is one of the charming qualities of the culture of WLE.

Trip

Old 07-22-2017, 02:35 PM

5,047 posts, read 5,807,420 times
I have seen homes in WLE with double garages. We were looking at building a garage and I believe it cannot be more than 12x20. I may be wrong on that. There is a home on Wallenpaupak drive with a separate double garage ; I think the garage was built recently. I have seen work trucks parked in some of the homes ; what is a worker to do if he can bring his work truck home??
We are in the long process of moving there full time. We love it there and even though our kids are older, they have lots of great memories of there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania