Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2007, 04:19 AM

11 posts, read 48,061 times

Advertisements

how long is the commute from pike county,pa to nyc by highway.I just got a job with NBC and really need to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 05:06 AM

106,579 posts, read 108,739,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo23 View Post
how long is the commute from pike county,pa to nyc by highway.I just got a job with NBC and really need to know.
about 2 hours depending on traffic. we make it from lake wallenpaupack to bayside queens in 2 hours but we come and go at 4 am . 2-1/2 to 3 is more common with traffic.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:24 AM

14 posts, read 32,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo23 View Post
First congrads on the new job. Ive been looking @ different pa counties and thier distances. I mapquested pike and it's about (2) hrs.

good luck

Old 11-11-2007, 12:27 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,550,657 times
Geo,

Did you think to figure how long the commute was before you accepted the job?

You can get a train in from Port Jervis - driving is tough, espeically in all types of weather.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM

422 posts, read 2,005,183 times
Wait, first you said...

Hey folks. I'm moving from hartford,ct after living their for 4 years.It was bad.But i'm moving to nyc.I've already decided on queens as i think it's the best place in the city.So can you please direct me to some good neighborhoods their.

THEN you said...

Hey guys which areas do you think are part of the New York urban Area.Please include cities from New Jersey and Connecticut.And also how many miles/driving distance far can an area be from New York to be called a part of the area.For example could a town in connecticuit 110 miles away and 2 hours / 1 and a half be called part of the urban area.Or Atlantic city which is 2 hours away from New York can it be called part of the area.Please let me know.

Then you asked...

Is hartford part of the nyc metro area?

And then you asked...

how long would it take to get to New York from atlantic city? by highway

AND NOW YOU ASK...

WELL MY FRIEND...YOU never replied to any of the answers anybody gave you...so my advice to you is BUY A FREAKIN MAP and do your own homework. I know the purpose here is to give advice but GEEEZLOUISE, this guy doesn't even respond to advice and has no clue where the heck he is living.

LETS ASK HIM A QUESTION? Where do you want to live and why and where do you currently reside?

Last edited by MollyMe; 11-11-2007 at 12:53 PM..

Old 12-10-2007, 11:36 AM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
856 posts, read 2,921,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
so my advice to you is BUY A FREAKIN MAP and do your own homework. I know the purpose here is to give advice but GEEEZLOUISE, this guy doesn't even respond to advice and has no clue where the heck he is living.
Ha very good post - I saw another on the NY forum for Monticello to NYC, I was like why do people ask questions like that without attempting to find an answer what are we MapQuest, Google Maps? And I see he has 9 others like it and never compliments anyone. rep for you...

Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 PM

910 posts, read 2,991,783 times
I make that trip in 1 hour and 45 minutes but I'm sure it takes a bit longer for a regular speed driver

Old 12-10-2007, 02:26 PM

246 posts, read 593,261 times
Same here (poconosmama)LoL I make it 1 hour and 45 minutes from saw creek .You must be the one I draft behind to save on gas LOL

Old 12-10-2007, 02:45 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMe View Post
Wait, first you said...

Hey folks. I'm moving from hartford,ct after living their for 4 years.It was bad.But i'm moving to nyc.I've already decided on queens as i think it's the best place in the city.So can you please direct me to some good neighborhoods their.

THEN you said...

Hey guys which areas do you think are part of the New York urban Area.Please include cities from New Jersey and Connecticut.And also how many miles/driving distance far can an area be from New York to be called a part of the area.For example could a town in connecticuit 110 miles away and 2 hours / 1 and a half be called part of the urban area.Or Atlantic city which is 2 hours away from New York can it be called part of the area.Please let me know.

Then you asked...

Is hartford part of the nyc metro area?

And then you asked...

how long would it take to get to New York from atlantic city? by highway

AND NOW YOU ASK...

WELL MY FRIEND...YOU never replied to any of the answers anybody gave you...so my advice to you is BUY A FREAKIN MAP and do your own homework. I know the purpose here is to give advice but GEEEZLOUISE, this guy doesn't even respond to advice and has no clue where the heck he is living.

LETS ASK HIM A QUESTION? Where do you want to live and why and where do you currently reside?
Molly.......Queens, Conn. Atlantic City, Pike.......How did you keep track of all that. You mean you answered every time....

Old 12-10-2007, 02:49 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,658,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwing View Post
Same here (poconosmama)LoL I make it 1 hour and 45 minutes from saw creek .You must be the one I draft behind to save on gas LOL
Are you offwing and Poconosmama the ones that I see passing me (while I am going at 70), and weaving in and out........
Mercy Me, can one do that on a daily basis and still be alive to celebrate the New Year
To be safe I'd say 2 hours and with bad traffic days, ........whenever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania