Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 2,950 times

Advertisements

We found a home we are very interested in in Pocono Farms Country Club (Main not East). I was hopin to get some more detailed info on the development. Anything you have to offer in the way of property, neighbors, the community and rules, etc.. Anything at all. Its so difficult moving to a new place not knowing the real deal about laces. And a realtor won't dissuade you from a sale by giving info which is negative.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 08:50 PM

472 posts, read 778,472 times
I have a friend in that community. She loves it there, she had her house built new 7 years ago. She has no desire to move but part of that reason is she would lose $100,000 + if she did. She always tells me that she loves it there. She does regret her commute to Jersey City everyday for work and she pays rather large community dues and uses none of the amenities. Really depending on the commute you will have and if you are buying in a community look at the amenities and be sure you are going to use them. I know too many people living in communites paying large sums of money and never using any of the amenites. The dues never go down so as you age n use the amenities less you pay for them more. I'd say if you are really looking in a community take even more time to make a informative decision. Dues Dues Dues Dues.... Fines Fines Fines Fines....

Old 07-25-2016, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 2,213 times
The HOA fees at Pocono Farms Country Club do NOT give the resident use of the amenities. They go toward maintenance of the amenities. Use of the amenities cost extra. So, when purchasing, don't consider whether or not you'll use the amenities.... consider whether you believe that the existence of the amenities will contribute to your property's value.

Old 07-25-2016, 09:53 AM

115 posts, read 163,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcapaldi7 View Post
We found a home we are very interested in in Pocono Farms Country Club (Main not East). I was hopin to get some more detailed info on the development. Anything you have to offer in the way of property, neighbors, the community and rules, etc.. Anything at all. Its so difficult moving to a new place not knowing the real deal about laces. And a realtor won't dissuade you from a sale by giving info which is negative.

Thanks!
If your considering commuting east for work you may consider something a little closer to the boarder. We are 15min from NJ and that helped with the commute when we did it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania